I'm KING of the Thunder Dome slick track.

Mike Puckett

SCCoA Member
We had a great time this weekend. Especially the go-karts. I raced the Thunder Dome 3 times and lapped everyone 3 times in the 1st race, lapped everyone twice in the 2nd race, and lapped Jason twice and Dan once in the 3rd. Meanwhile I think Dan was King of the road course. We've got to make this an annual event. We need more participants, though. Thanks to everyone who came to Chattanooga. The train ride, picnic, and Rock City visit made for a great weekend. We especially enjoyed being able to talk to Adam via Jason's cell phone from high atop Raccoon Mountain. We'll look forward to the next one.

Aigh't now, Jim Damnitt! Next time, your "army of one" on the thunderdome is going DOWN!

I got passed both times on the road course. Damn cart was a dog, not to mention I'm the probably the heaviest of the group.

I am the king of the freeway, though. You were just a spec in my mirror by Dalton. I did 85 the whole way back to cartersville. Only one cop scare...a state bear pulled on from an exit in front of me, but he was hauling, so I never even caught up to him. I was back in Villa Rica at exactly 8:00 pm. Only about 1.5 hours from the 75-24 split.

All you that missed this event, you missed a hell of a time. Check out the website soon for some pics and such. I'm going to go thru them tonight and pick out the good ones.

King of the road course my butt!!!!

Any "king" would know how to pick the good cart. Oh, by the way, got a funny encounter once I got back into Tuscaloosa. When I got onto McFarland Boulevard I ran up next to these two kids in a pre-'98 Accord. They were driving next to me gassing the car trying to entice me to race them, and did this several times before they moved on. I couldnt help but think how stupid those kids were.
1) This was what appeared to be an un-modified 4-door Accord that probably didnt even have a V-tec engine (and one of the chrome tips off that factory dual outlet had even fallen off)
2) Traffic was WAY to dense to be racing of any sort on that road.
3) This challenge wasnt even worth wasting the 93-octane. If I did accept, it would have been only on the condition that these dorks buy my gas.

I saw them a few minutes later at a stop sign turning onto another 4 lane road that goes toward my house. Well it seems they found a challenger, which appeared to be some sort of 4 door Mazda. Needless to say I was intriqued, so I followed behind. Turns out that other car just smoked 'em, so to add insult to injury after the Honda started to slow down I came roaring around them with both barrels blazin (and you guys know how loud my car can be sometimes). I cant help it, I find stupid kids who think a car like that could is some sort of rocket pretty frickin funny!

How Bout the title "SC Rock City" for this meet. I can find a picture of one of those "See Rock City" signs and edit the pic to make it look like "SC Rock City"

Attachments

• dsc01270.jpg
    dsc01270.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 165
That's a good photo Dan. I guess I'll be defending my King title next year. I'm going to check and see if there is one of those type go-kart tracks here in the area. Dan, the road course car you had today looked pretty fast. I wonder if they made that one a little faster since it had the #3 on it.

I think Jason had the # 3. He passed me, then slowed down to let me catch up, then pulled away from me again. I think I was in the #10 that you had yesterday.

<b>Jason Says <i>"This is a Hell of a urinal!"</i></b>

Attachments

• dsc01324.jpg
    dsc01324.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 172
Whataya talking about Mike?

I was totally handing Dan his a$$ on that road course. I'm the one who was in the #3 cart. You could feel the rear skating a little in a few of those turns it had so much power. My friends were amazed at the shear torque it had! They told me they wanted to go buy a Super Cou.....Uh, oops sorry about that I slipped into Chargin' Thunder mode again:D But seriously dude I was flyin'. That cart didnt have rearview mirrors, but Im sure if that cart had, Dan would have looked like a speck of dust in it
:rolleyes:
Hey Dan did you check your mem-cards to see if that near pile-up you, Mike and I had on the Thunderdome made it on there.

GO CARTS!

You guys didn't tell me about the gocarts ahead of time, I'm probably close to 100 lbs lighter than any of you right now I would've won for sure.

You guys didn't get to see the Carlisle go cart fun I don't think, ask someone who was there about me. We also did go carts at a meet here in Florida and a few sc guys my age (both of which went the f-body way but we're still cool) tango'd on a regular basis here in daytona. My favorite race was one when I realized I could reach the throttle linkage between the pedal and the throttle body and to my surprise open it up another estimated 20% and chose to do this only occassionally. It was like I had a 3 hp shot.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

I got something for ya Dan

Here's a link to the Rock City website.
They have several pics of the trademark barns. Maybe you can shrink down one of the C's and use it to replace the two E's in "SEE"
www.seerockcity.com

Wait just a second here, I only got lapped 2 times during our first encounter with THUNDERDOME . Thank you very much. Also I seem to recall just about lapping someone on the go-cart track Saturday night, the same race where I ran off and left some little kitten owner. :D

Guys enjoyed it! Now lets see about planning our next meet.

That's right Tim, I did lap you only twice. You guys kept getting better and harder to beat. I really had to work at it. It wasn't at all easy. Sorry Jason, it must've been the heat on this 54 year old brain of mine. That was you instead of Dan. I now pronounce you KING of the Road Course. That #3 car was definitely faster. Your hair was blowing back when you went by. Even though I passed about 4 cars on the road course I wasn't very good at it. I owe all of my success on the slick track to playing NASCAR Racing on the computer. I learned how to drop down and pass a car in front of me. Computer cars never complain when I knock them off the track. Adam, I bet you would be good in the go-karts. I hope you'll be able to join us next time and show us all how it's done. I'm hooked. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I really liked the train ride. There's something about the smell of the coal fire and the wooden window frames on the open windowed car. For a moment there I thought of what it must have been like to have traveled across country going not much faster than that for days on end 100 years ago.

Back