abs wheel sensor

ebodycab

anti lock light comes on when car starts moving...I think the problem is one of the wheel sensors..but which one?...I have 94SC...any ideas? thanks!

read it

You can hook your engine code reader up to it, it's just like the ecm input. It's push pinned onto the bus/fuse block in front of the drivers side shock tower. You can seach for code meanings here somewhere.

Likely one of your sensors is damaged or out of alignment with the abs hub ring for some reason. I have a 94 sc with the same problem because my drivers side rear half shaft has drifted out of the pumpkin such that the sensor is about an inch away from the abs ring. Shortly after it starts moving the anti-lock light comes on.

Note: Your ABS is deactivated when the anti-lick light is on. Just be aware of that little fact.

I'd start by getting under the car to make sure each sensor is in line with the abs ring.

Cheers
MB

You can hook your engine code reader up to it, it's just like the ecm input. It's push pinned onto the bus/fuse block in front of the drivers side shock tower. You can seach for code meanings here somewhere.

Likely one of your sensors is damaged or out of alignment with the abs hub ring for some reason. I have a 94 sc with the same problem because my drivers side rear half shaft has drifted out of the pumpkin such that the sensor is about an inch away from the abs ring. Shortly after it starts moving the anti-lock light comes on.

Note: Your ABS is deactivated when the anti-lick light is on. Just be aware of that little fact.

I'd start by getting under the car to make sure each sensor is in line with the abs ring.

Cheers
MB

thanks, I will check the sensors

I need one!

I know one of my sensors is bad...any rec's on where to get a new one fairly cheap? If anyone has a used one off their car let me know!

Resistance check

I had the same problem and it ended up being my right front sensor was bad.

You can do a simple resistance check between the 2 pins on each sensor to see which one is bad. I will have to wait until lunch today or tonight when I get home to tell you the resistance values it should have.

I have a few on hand , but it will depend on which one you need as to whether I have that one or not.

Smitty

Back