Conventional Brake question

Randle

I just changed over to the conventional brakes and now my ABS and Check Gauges lights are on. I know the ABS light will come on, but is the Check Gauges light coming on normal? If I remove the fuse so the lights go out (assuming it's nothing) will it also effect my check engine light, seatbelt lights, etc? Thanks in advance.

You can pull the relay on the passengers side firewall under the hood to kill the ABS light, I also pulled any other fuses I found for ABS, and the computer. In the end I also pulled the light bulbs from the dash to use elsewhere:) I think your "check guages" light is unrelated. Low fuel, low oil pressure, overheating are all things that can trip this light.

I did some searching but so far have come up empty handed. I changed the oil, topped off all fluid levels, and now have a full tank of gas. Car isn't overheating as it's too cold for that, oil pressure is fine as well. All of my gauges are green across the board. I'm going to have the codes pulled today, see if anything turns up.

*edit* Pulled the codes. Got a 185, which isn't too important, been getting this one for awhile. A 564, again not too important. And a 181, which I don't know what that is?

Last edited:
Back