10 second attempt Wednesday the 18th

David Neibert

SCCoA Admin
Planning to go over to Gateway Wednesday evening for slick tire test and tune (about 6:00 PM) and see if I can get my 91 into the 10s. I believe I have fixed the nitrous system problems that prevented me from using it at the Shootout, and since I'm probably only going to get one chance, I increased the nitrous shot to 100 HP.

That will give me about 525 rwhp, which should be enough to get this heavy azz car down the track in under 11 seconds...unless something breaks. So if any of you STL area people aren't doing anything that night, it would be nice to have a few witnesses...just in case I do it.

David

I really wish I could see this in person.... Somebody get to the track with Dave and record ths!

Best of luck to you, I really hope you get that 10, you deserve it for all the work you have done

I'm looking forward to hearing about the results. That would be awesome if you do it.

I suppose if you don't do it on a 100 shot, you could always bump the jets up again too... :D

10's

Good luck Dave, hope you can do it! I'm shooting for 11's tomorrow at the track. I pulled my interior tonight to get that extra tenth of a second. Are you running with out interior when you go?

David, as you already know, I'll be there. Hopefully we'll get some video of your 91 making a 10 sec pass.

-Rod

Planning to go over to Gateway Wednesday evening for slick tire test and tune (about 6:00 PM) and see if I can get my 91 into the 10s. I believe I have fixed the nitrous system problems that prevented me from using it at the Shootout, and since I'm probably only going to get one chance, I increased the nitrous shot to 100 HP.

That will give me about 525 rwhp, which should be enough to get this heavy azz car down the track in under 11 seconds...unless something breaks. So if any of you STL area people aren't doing anything that night, it would be nice to have a few witnesses...just in case I do it.

David

Good Luck Dave!

Hope you nail down a nice couple 10 second runs and whip that Coy Millers tail :D It will be nice to see a full weight street diven SC to run 10's not some stripped down race car SC thats trying. Hope you get the second SC to do this it will be awesome you worked hard to get there now its time to break into the 10's we are rooting for you here in California. Its been to long nice to see a real challenger after Coy be safe best of luck always

P.S What you ran without Nitrous ET and speed with Nitrous and it hooks off the line with a nice 60ft time should be quicker than Coys 10 second run. Got my fingers crossed show the SC guys real 10 second power full weight SC with AOD the way it should be done

Last edited:
Good luck Dave, hope you can do it! I'm shooting for 11's tomorrow at the track. I pulled my interior tonight to get that extra tenth of a second. Are you running with out interior when you go?

Mark,

Good luck on getting into the 11s...I know how determined you are, so it's just a matter of time.

I'll only be removing the passenger seat, floor mats and the loose stuff out of the trunk. I'm almost too lazy to even change the fronts over to skinneys :eek:

David

David Neibert said:
I'm almost too lazy to even change the fronts over to skinneys :eek:

You better run the skinnies. I wish I wasn't going to be out of town on business, or else I'd definitely be there. btw Rod, give me a call as soon as Dave finishes his run.

Good luck David! It would be awesume to add another SC to the 10 second list. Hope you can make it happen.

Shane

Back