So-Cal what happend to you???????? went underground?

What the HECK???

So-Cal the thundering club that Nor-Cal whipped twice at the Bakersfield meets have gone underground? Where is the famous quickest & fastest So-Cal John Shelton? and that wild RonzSC? and Ron Ranndell and his son= to John Force Hummmmmm not what it use to be back in the Army of One days how do we bring it back?

Why are you all hidding from us? well lets say me all the rest of the original group are long gone only new guys only interested in breakfast meetings. I guees I am now the Army of One here in Nor-Cal hey lets spice things up like old days

yep yep yep.... thats how i feel here in LOS ANGELES... ARMY OF ONE... against CHEVYs and STANGS that think they can keep up with my 15lbs of boost! Whats up JIM! What are ya upto?

yep yep yep.... thats how i feel here in LOS ANGELES... ARMY OF ONE... against CHEVYs and STANGS that think they can keep up with my 15lbs of boost! Whats up JIM! What are ya upto?

Feeling like the Lone Wolf :rolleyes:

This Nor-Cal group is way differaint than the old racing gang Rob Noth, Mark Highwaycopper, Ponyeater, Aaron P. and a few other fast guys are all but gone. Just me and the Silver Bullet still alive here looking to whip on some chevy's at the track like old times its like poof the past is gone here in Nor-Cal wonder how to bring it back?

Jim Dimmwitt Jr said:
So-Cal the thundering club that Nor-Cal whipped twice at the Bakersfield meets have gone underground? Where is the famous quickest & fastest So-Cal John Shelton? and that wild RonzSC? and Ron Ranndell and his son= to John Force Hummmmmm not what it use to be back in the Army of One days how do we bring it back?

Jim, some of us (coughJohncough) are just out enjoying that our cars are running legally on the street and others such as Mandi and myself have moved to places with real competition and much less traffic. Anthony just sold his SC, Lee is still battling his cancer and Mike D. is about to start on an enormous engine for a SoCal member then his own.
darkstar_one said:
yep yep yep.... thats how i feel here in LOS ANGELES... ARMY OF ONE...
I don't recall ever meeting you at any of the SoCal meets, when was the last one you attended?

Paul

hmmmm never.... i never heard of any meetings... and i check this board frequently... only person i met was PREDITR91 but he has this whole 5.8 thing going on....

Jim, it's true - I was hiding behind a pile of car parts, but can't do that anymore.:D Got it smogged last week (still nice and clean) and hope to get it painted within a week or two.

I'd really love to get back to the track, but have a few small things to do first for insurance. Maybe some of us can get together again before too long at Bakersfield or Sac. That Sac was the best prepped track I've ever seen.

I gave up when no one needed me with simple green and shop rags anymore.

Seriously, been busy with personal stuff. Still love the SC's but don't have room for one right now since the big white turd takes up most of the space around here. I did get a set of tires for it tho, soon wheels and then I might need to go to Mike's Speed Shop to borrow the blow torch and some duct tape.

The torch is passed

Darkstar et al.

Looks to me as if it is time for you folks to step up and get this group moving. There was a time when an SC could be found at Carlsbad, Fontana, Irwindale, LACR, Famoso, Perris or Quailcomm every weekend. There is some tradition here guys so quit complaining and ignore us old bitties...get out there and run 'em. To all you folks who have never run at a track. Don't be scared, we've already had the worst burnout (thanks Ron), most ridiculous run through the traps (Carlos at 90 tried reverse) slowest car matched to fastest mouth (no names mentioned but it starts with an A and ends with an L), freakishly slow stock cars (Lee's 35th), highly modified cars that would get beat by that same 35th (where is Val anyway?), coolant spewing out of radiators like old faithful, Caddies (rented or otherwise) that just wouldn't quit among many other great debacles. Go make us proud. If you are ever lucky enough to run against John, just try to lose with some respect. He's been one of the quickest for quite some time.

Anthony

Last edited:
Hey guys, I'm still around also. I've been driving the bird for the last week, just got a new stereo, so I've been having fun with that, no more skipped CD's!!!! I can bump it as loud as I want! Other than that, my tranny needs to go back to Aamco for the 7th time, hey, lifetime warranty, suckers!!!! They should have known better. Other than that my bird is still going strong, and it looks kinda good. I'm game to meet up if anyone else wants to, just let me know. The crazy SCCoSW might have a meet in the next few months, so I'll keep you all informed. They are all still doing good, and as far as I know Kurt is the only one who got rid of his SC. He picked up a mustang GT also. Well, looks like everyone is doing pretty good, lets meet up soon.

-Kris

hey man, i will race john and of course i will lose but ima start with my DUDE I ALMOST HAD YOU. and he is gonna be like YOU ALMOST HAD ME? YOU NEVER HAD ME YOU NEVER HAD YOUR CAR! ahahahahaha typical SOCAL ricer talk. but were no RICERS!

AAAHHHHH, I remember the good ol days, when we used to have plenty of meets at the tracks and I would take the mighty ol LX :rolleyes: with that flawless cheeeeeeeeery exterior :D ;) . I still check the boards from time to time, to see whats going on, or if there is anything that is planned. I haven't really done any mods or anything to the bird, except for like a tank of gas, two oil changes, and having to replace the battery a dozen times :rolleyes: ; The price I must pay for driving the LX instead of the SC... If anybody ever wants to have a track day, or something else, I wouldn't mind joining the group at the track.
:cool:

Ill race Jim for a bakersfield burger.

i have enuff parts to give him a good race we will be side by side until the light turns green.lol
i can see it now we are side by side the light turns green we leave im with him neck in neck then it happens he gives it some gas. then he walks away from me and a steady even pace like im standing still and he is doing 70 lol

i have some extra parts like enlarged return plenum and lower to match who has a front mount and wants to try one?

free trial offer have darkstars setup almost done and made three extras along side his. Jim? John? Chris?

guess i have to bolt on all this stuff to my sc and blow it up again.

hey guys let me know who wants to try one out the reyurn plenum should make some power for the top contenders.

if not ill have to get my sc in shape to race Jim

I'm still here too! I'm just relaxing awhile between projects but that's about to end. I'm up for a meet also, my 35th is ugly but it still runs good or I could bring the other car. I should let Val speak for himself but he's around too.

Mike

OK I just put another grand or so in the my 5spd,and no more hole in the oil pan so id go for a Get Together. She tops out the boost gauge now and has a Wicked pull in 2nd and 3rd.

Tony

Last edited:
Darkstar et al.

Looks to me as if it is time for you folks to step up and get this group moving. There was a time when an SC could be found at Carlsbad, Fontana, Irwindale, LACR, Famoso, Perris or Quailcomm every weekend. There is some tradition here guys so quit complaining and ignore us old bitties...get out there and run 'em. To all you folks who have never run at a track. Don't be scared, we've already had the worst burnout (thanks Ron), most ridiculous run through the traps (Carlos at 90 tried reverse) slowest car matched to fastest mouth (no names mentioned but it starts with an A and ends with an L), freakishly slow stock cars (Lee's 35th), highly modified cars that would get beat by that same 35th (where is Val anyway?), coolant spewing out of radiators like old faithful, Caddies (rented or otherwise) that just wouldn't quit among many other great debacles. Go make us proud. If you are ever lucky enough to run against John, just try to lose with some respect. He's been one of the quickest for quite some time.

Anthony
Watch it "Tony", I don't believe Ron's 35th EVER ran faster than mine. neither did Matt's, or Jose's...shot him and I did 120+ coming back from Carlsbad once lol.

I'm still here too! I'm just relaxing awhile between projects but that's about to end. I'm up for a meet also, my 35th is ugly but it still runs good or I could bring the other car. I should let Val speak for himself but he's around too.

Mike

Anwers you g-DAYUM phone, will ya! Been calling your house and always get the machine. ;)

Yea, yea yea

All hail the great Al. True, your car ran faster than Ron's but who got the win when you raced head to head????....wasn't his daughter even driving??? All joking aside, those seem to be the glory days for the club, it'd be a shame if these yoots don't step up and keep it going. Mike, John, Lee and the other die hards can only carry the torch so long...they are getting close to retirement after all;)
Anthony

Last edited:
Watch it "Tony", I don't believe Ron's 35th EVER ran faster than mine. neither did Matt's, or Jose's...shot him and I did 120+ coming back from Carlsbad once lol.

Hey, that wasn't fair, you went on the emergency lane (right shoulder) and started picking up all kinds of rocks and everything, you made a big huge dust cloud. I wasn't about to go through that dust cloud. Besides, I didn't want to get the SC dirty :p The way i see it, you cheated. I say we re-match it at the track...
:cool: :cool:

Sorry i edited my post, i was trying to say that i put a grand into MY 5spd.
Sorry about the mix-up
But it did stirr the pot up didn't it.

I found a way to cut 200 lbs from my car...
Im going to have my son drive it........

Back