Looking at changing engine to SC

blindloser1080

Hey everyone, long time watcher 1st time poster. I've posted on TCCOA quite a bit, and figured i'd give a shot over here. I own a 96 bird w/3.8 in it, and love my car to death, but want a little bit more.

Here's my question.

Looking at going with a different setup with my 96. I was wondering if it is possible to get a 3.8 engine from a 96/97 bird, add some performance parts to it (pistons, cam, porting heads, intakes, throttle body, etc...) and stick the supercharger on the top of that engine, and not really have a lot of problems. I'm lookin at getting a 3.8 engine, working on it for bout 6 months and dropping it in.

Is there any complications that I might run into doing this? Would I have to change the rear-end? Anything? I would probably have to get myself a set of SC heads also to go on this engine.

Any info would be great, so I know what I have to look forward to doing/getting from the yard or somethin

Need new, crank either forged or TiNi coating. Build up the tranny.
As for the rear if you have a 8.8 no problems there.

I know you want to keep the car, was there with my Cougar, but get a SC is much cheaper than doing the swaps.

If you are going to do this it is pretty straight foward. Get an SC motor..>Build that...Then make sure to get a tune..Not worth even screwing with the original engine

Back