PDA

View Full Version : Radiator fan

2qikforya
10-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Hey guys, i have a 94 thunderbird sc. The temp gauge goes to almost all the way to the red and the fan still doesnt kick on then the check gauge light comes on. I changed the fan motor and its still not working. Any advice will be helpful. Thanks.

Kevin Varnes
10-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Could be the IRCM (Integrated Relay Control Module) or the EEC Coolant Temp Sensor (different sensor than the one that gives you a reading on the dash). The IRCM contains the fan relay. Does the fan come on when you turn the A/C on? Does it come on while scanning the EEC for codes (during its initial self diagnosis)? If so the IRCM is probably okay.

2qikforya
10-17-2006, 06:50 AM
I will check that out, I didint think of putting the AC on. And if that doesnt work then ill have it scanned.

nickleman60
10-17-2006, 07:15 AM
check the fuse under the hood,it's a 60 amp for the puller fan and a 30 amp for the pusher fan.i've blown mine a couple of times.

2qikforya
10-17-2006, 03:07 PM
Ill check that too. Ill let you guys know what the prob is.

Joisey Jim
10-17-2006, 07:41 PM
That's kinda strange, because you have 3 fans on the '94. Atleast one should come on to stop you approaching the red zone. As already stated the main 2 speed fan on the '94 has big fuses under the hood and the low speed winding should engage with the a/c or defroster on (below 47mph). If you are also able to run a scan with a code reader that low speed should also test out. I don't know how to self test the small pusher fan in front of the rad, but I believe it comes on above 228deg. A silly question maybe, but was the motor boiling hot when you hit the red zone; otherwise it maybe (hopefully for you) just a bad temperature sensor.

Tickler
10-18-2006, 05:30 AM
I agree, get a good thermometer and check the temp again. The fan on my 90 works but my a/c or defroster has never turned it on........

2qikforya
10-18-2006, 04:57 PM
When i put the AC on the fan goes on so im guessing its either a thermostat or a sensor right?