Just bought a 95 SC, couple questions!!

xmtrxmt

Ok, I just bought a 95 SC for almost nothing. It sat for 2 years, it cranked right up on the first turn of the key minus priming the fuel pump twice, and since I am a solid Ford guy I realize that I needed to prime the system. Anyway, the passenger rear brake was completely shot, the driver side hub bearing was completely gone as well as the brakes. I went and bought new brakes for the rear, a new hub bearing and CV joint for that side. I have built a couple Mustangs but I have never messed with CV joints, so I bought a CV joint thinking that it my be bad. How the hell do I tell if it is bad, I mean I could move the whole hub like and inch in any direction but I don’t know if the CV joint is bad r not. Should I go ahead and change the CV joint or what?? I mean I could use the hundred bucks elsewhere you know? The interior is damn near perfect minus needing cleaning and the paint

I say change the brakes..Do both sides hub bearings..And see how it feels...If its not clicking or making funning sounds..CV joint is fine for now...Plus you would get joint with the whole shaft as one unit

How're the rubber boots? if thier okay, make sure thier clean after you install the bearings/brakes.

The boots are fine, no tears or anything, I was just unsure that it would function right when it had been driven with that hub havin that much play in it!! I have never had to deal witht them before. Thanks again, I guess Ill take this damn CV joint back:)

Back