new engine?

Other Engine Option

I know that SuperCoupe Performance lists a remanufactured engine price includes a long block built to Ford specs, shipping to your door and return shipping of your old block. You might want check into that or talk with Bill directly.

new motor would run you about 2,000 and about another grand to put it in, so you are looking at about 3 grand to have someone do it all, I just replaced mine a few months ago , which Is why I know how much it would run

looks the same as this one. http://www.autoguide.net/apf/ford-car_engines/for_232rlb_3.html

i emailed the guy a while back.
Price Quote for Ford 232 (3.8)

$1429.00 engine price
$250.00 core charge
$150.00 engine balance using your own balancer and flexplate or flywheel

The shipping cost is $175.00 to a business with a forklift or a loading dock.If the engine is being delivered to a residence,the cost would be $255.00 antd that comes with a lift gated truck so they can off load the engine for you.

The block comes with the block,heads,and all internal components. The only things you would need are the external covers. Such as oil pan ,valve covers,Intake,Ect...

The engine also includes a complete Fel-Pro gasket set and a 12 month 12,000 mile warranty on.

Most salvage yards will have a complete engine that will run and offer some kind of warranty. It could save you hundreds of dollars. When you put the used one in your car you can take your time to rebuilt the one you took out.

well after putting a new rod bearing in i think it went again doesnt sound good. soo i was thinking of dropping a new engine in but i dont know where to go about buying one or how much it would be so if anyone could give me some advice id appreciate it.

i found this rebuilt engine is this a good price?
http://www.theautochannel.com/autoparts/rebuiltbestford/itemuli_767ioy_6.html

Something on the specs caught my eye and it was the "C" code listed for the engine. Most SC's are "R" code except for a few early 89's that were "C" code. The "C" is generally thought to denote the cast crankshaft and is inferior to the forged crank of the later "R" code engine. I would avoid this engine myself. John

id prolly put the engine in myself since i pulled it and put it back in last time it did this. so that would save me money. and while its out should i get the supercharger rebuilt?

id prolly put the engine in myself since i pulled it and put it back in last time it did this. so that would save me money. and while its out should i get the supercharger rebuilt?

If the supercharger isn't showing signs of a leaking snout seal, I would just leave it alone and run it. These s/c's are surprisingly stout and easily last more than 100,000 miles. I had 170,000 on mine when I changed to a 94 s/c and it was still in good condition. Anyway replacing the s/c is one of the easier jobs on these cars so nothing lost if you need to replace it later. John

I just got one from Bill and am putting it in now..Good price and delivery to the door with pick up of core..all gaskets included. No complaints

Back