idle issue after a 30-60min drive

92sclikenew

ok i have a 92 sc with around 101,000miles and put on a newer dis mod and change coil and just done headgaskets plugs and wires like not ever a year ago dis was like 2 months ago and after an 30min drive i come home and park my car and start it back up later like 20 min later and it has a really bad idle like its on running on 3 cycliders and not 6 the rpms are goin from 700 on down 2 atleast 250 back and forth drive down the street and get on the car a lil and stop and the bad idle is gone what could make this happen :confused: :confused: please any help

try recoating the bottom of your DIS with the heat sink grease.....and you may wanna reseal your IC tubes they will expand a bit when heated up and it may have a vacuum leak in there that will cause the RPMs to rev up and down and make it run like doo doo....

Rick

ok i have a 92 sc with around 101,000miles and put on a newer dis mod and change coil and just done headgaskets plugs and wires like not ever a year ago dis was like 2 months ago and after an 30min drive i come home and park my car and start it back up later like 20 min later and it has a really bad idle like its on running on 3 cycliders and not 6 the rpms are goin from 700 on down 2 atleast 250 back and forth drive down the street and get on the car a lil and stop and the bad idle is gone what could make this happen :confused: :confused: please any help

two words. cam sensor

well dis was just replaced so i hopin its not that and the cam senor can make the car run like that for 1 min and then drive dont the road 10ft and kind of get on it and ther will be no bad idle any more to me its like after i turn my car off fuel leaks in the engine and when go 2 start it again ther is 2 much fuel and it runs like crap but idk

To test if you have a fuel pressure leak down caused perhaps by a sticking fuel injector, or a bad fuel pressure regulator, get yourself a fuel pressure gauge and hook it up to the tire valve thing called a schrader valve on the fuel rail and do a pressure check.

I think the fuel pressure should stay up for a fair length of time after shutoff, but if it drops right away, then you know its a fuel problem.

Do your diagnosis before you start throwing money at it. It could be a cam sensor acting up, the DIS module could be overheating or even a mouse in the air filter box ;).

Good luck

yea thanks thats what it seems like. I been workin on car sence i was 8 and im bout 2 be 21 so yea i am really good with cars . now if ther was a leaky fuel injecter wouldnt the car have a bad idle all the time after it has ran all the fuel out the cylinder cuz i have another broken motor mount and it has a lil shake but i dont thinks its a miss

Back