Need help identifying connector...

fastsc92

I've had my dash apart for some time now and I'm finally getting it back together. I'm at the point where I need to install the gauge cluster. I must have installed this at least 100 times in the past with no issues. I'm lost on one plug. Its located within the same harness as the autodimer for the headlights. The plug has two poles, and the plug itself is brown in color. Anyone know where this goes?? Is it for an option? I just can't seem to remember.

Last edited:
I got lazy and just put it together. I'm convinced that it doesn't go to anything important, but I'll take it apart again tonight and snap some pics.

I think you're referring to the two-pin plug that plugs into the headlamp switch. Your car has either a long or a short headlamp switch. The large headlamp switch plug plugs into whichever type of switch is in your car while the two-pin plug can only plug into the long switch. If you do not connect this plug, then the warning chime will not sound when the headlamp switch is on and the ignition key is not in the ignition.

that sounds like the plug...now if I can only find where to connect it. So you're saying that in my car, it might not even be used?

The two-pin plug conects to the terminals that the red and yellow arrows point to. The large plug will be immediately to the right of it. If your headlamp switch doesn't have these two terminals, then the two-pin plug won't be used.

Attachments

• headlamp switch.jpg
    headlamp switch.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 69
ah...its all coming back to me now. You were right, it activates the chime, but also the autodim won't work unless that's plugged in. All is well now, thanks a lot.

Back