New Polished Aluminum Power Steering Pulley's are Finished.

victor malvar

Power steering pulleys finished and ready for market!

We have finished our new power steering pulley. They look great. Finished them about a week ago. Also the 3 piece pulley set is finally finished...

We are test fitting them and should have them out for everyone to purchase next week. We have a limited amount but will be making another run of these next week since the turned out real nice... We are having more made already.

Our machinest promissed these sometime ago but he was awarded a gov. contract and so of course that delayed ours.

They are finally finished for 1st come first served basis....They will be listed in our new store. In the pulley catagory. Stop by and take a look here is a look at the P/Steering pulley.

www.spinningwheels-sc.com

Attachments

• a power steering pulley.jpg
    a power steering pulley.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 218
  • a sideways ps pulley.jpg
    a sideways ps pulley.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 279
Last edited:
Power steering pulleys finished and ready for market!
Victor, they look great, no douts!!!You guys have been working hard lately, I've noticed. Great affords!!!
Victor, that pulley of yours, is it one piece or is it a two part piece: Part one is made of steel and is pressed onto the P/S shaft. Part two is made out of aluminum and screws onto the steel center piece.
If it is two piece pulley like Heartland pulley, I know that they tend to fly off the metal hub...

Do you happen to know the weight difference between it and the stock one? It looks like a damn fine piece from what I can see.

Victor, they look great, no douts!!!You guys have been working hard lately, I've noticed. Great affords!!!
Victor, that pulley of yours, is it one piece or is it a two part piece: Part one is made of steel and is pressed onto the P/S shaft. Part two is made out of aluminum and screws onto the steel center piece.
If it is two piece pulley like Heartland pulley, I know that they tend to fly off the metal hub...

Hi Payton,

Thanks for the compliment and yes, we've been going at it, trying to bring new products for our cars. The power steering pulley was designed and machined to fit and work just like the stock one. It is made completely of 6061 -T651 aluminum which was polished on the front and back, not on the ribs. These were machined out of one large chunk of aluminum. The machinist we use does our pulleys are drawn out first by the engineer before production. Thanks again and have a great day.

Regards,
Victor.....

Do you happen to know the weight difference between it and the stock one? It looks like a damn fine piece from what I can see.

Hi Mr. Grims,

We did not want to make them too much lighter in order to maintain their consistency and mechanical integrity. We wanted it to be a little lighter so we had 4 cuts placed on them which you have already seen. We also wanted them to hold up for street use as well as strip, while giving them a showroom look. I will venture to say they are 3 to 6 oz lighter than the stock pulleys.
We have also finished the three piece pulley set, alternator,water pump and crankshaft pulleys. These are all consistent with stock sizes, to minimize belt length issue.Thanks for your comment. Have a great weekend!!
Regards,
Victor......

Last edited:
So it is the same as stock but made out of aluminum,it presses on and off the pump with a puller and installer?

Hi Steven,

Haven't spoken with you in awhile. I hope you're doing well. Just as you wrote it. Yes! The only thing I would mention is to try to cover it with some good cardbord or cloth to keep it from scratching. yes it is intalled the same way as the stock. I would try to use a good tool. I have had some of the cheaper tools that sometimes can cause more damage if you're not careful with the pulling part, more than the installing....

Take care!
Victor....

So this is a press fit pulley?
How is it removed? Does it have the threaded front and mount ring just like the stock pulley?
Can you confirm the difference in weight between a stock pulley and your new aluminum pulley.

This is how a stock pulley is removed:
attachment.php

So this is a press fit pulley?
How is it removed? Does it have the threaded front and mount ring just like the stock pulley?
Can you confirm the difference in weight between a stock pulley and your new aluminum pulley.

This is how a stock pulley is removed:
attachment.php

It's the same as stock only made in aluminum, so yes, it will be installed and removed just like a stock one (as your attachment shows) with the proper install/removal tool that you can rent or buy from AutoZone and other places.

Good Morning guys,

I will reply to both of the last questions. Yes it has a threaded mount ring. It is made just like a stock pulley but You can see the difference in the look from the picture. Can I confirm the weigh....Yes I can. We tried to weight it on a Scale we bought which is digital and it would not weigh them to the exact oz. So just to be sure we took it to the post office since they have gram/oz scales. According to the P.O. the stock pulley weighs 2.1 Lbs.
We could have made them lighter but as I mentioned before I did not want to have any problems with the pulley being to light and possibly come undone under high rpm etc. I am happy with the outcome. If you think they should be lighter that can be arranged but in reality how much would we gain...The other pulley's we have made are also lighter. My whole thinking is to have uniformity of the pulleys for consistency in belt size, lighter rotating mass, NO Belt slippage due to different variance in rib design. I have been speaking about this for quite sometime. I see that slippage is still a concern with many that are running a high boost application. I hope this answers any possible questions.

Last edited:
Victor, have you designed a steel hub to press in after these have been removed 1 or two times?

If you have to pull this pulley off a few times spending the money for another should be the least of your worries haha.

I'd worry more about the diffrent expasion rates of the metal being its a press on fit

If you have to pull this pulley off a few times spending the money for another should be the least of your worries haha.

I'd worry more about the diffrent expasion rates of the metal being its a press on fit

Hi Ya Damon,

Yes, we have thought of this. We are not going to address this until we have had a chance Monday to discuss this further with Bob the engineer. We trust him as we trust you in your helpful and sound advice. As a safety feature, a bolt, washer and lock washer could be added to keep it securely on.
Now, the weight of the pulley is 1 lb. 14 oz. on the Postal Service's scale. The stock pulley is 2 lbs.01 oz.
Thank Have and good week end.
I will be talking to you via your eMail so I can also ask you about another thing we have coming out. Just need your imput. Thanks again.
Victor...

victor malvar said:
Yes, we have thought of this. We are not going to address this until we have had a chance Monday to discuss this further with Bob the engineer.
Victor, it is concerning that you make such a statement knowing what happens when you remove a stock balancer and reinstall it a time or two. Perhaps you should share that information and the fact that the balancers are both keyed and bolted on to the crank yet still fail after R&R a few times (I am talking about cracked hubs not elastomer separation). This seems like a nice product that hasn't been designed for more than one time use, is that true?

Paul

Why are you calling that chrome in your title? That isn't even high polish bare aluminum.'

Thomas

Hi Thomas,
We and the machinist call this polished Aluminum. It sure looks polished to me...Not bare aluminum by any means. I did not mean to put chrome on the title. God forgive me! My mistake! I was talking to the machinist when he called it Chrome Polished aluminum. I did not notice that chrome was on the title until you mentioned it. So I must have had chrome on my mind. I will edit it. So call it what you like Thomas. It IS polished aluminum. NOT Chrome. We have other chrome pieces so I accidentally wrote chrome sorry. It has been removed or edited.
Thanks for the correction....:D :cool:

Last edited:
Victor, it is concerning that you make such a statement knowing what happens when you remove a stock balancer and reinstall it a time or two. Perhaps you should share that information and the fact that the balancers are both keyed and bolted on to the crank yet still fail after R&R a few times (I am talking about cracked hubs not elastomer separation). This seems like a nice product that hasn't been designed for more than one time use, is that true?

Paul

Hey Paul this is the last time I will answer your post because you obviously
have an agenda. I will not engage your negative form of entertaiment for your own self-satisfasction.

Hey Paul this is the last time I will answer your post because you obviously
have an agenda. I will not engage your negative form of entertaiment for your own self-satisfasction.
You are absolutely correct, I do have an agenda. I want to know that in this case the product which some of my friends and customers are planning to purchase will have longevity and more importantly safety. Last thing I want is to hear how one of these pulleys went zinging off the car and hurt someone at the track or damaged someone's vehicle. Anytime a new product is brought to market by a vendor, it falls upon them to accept responsibility for that product. If you have a problem with my questioning of your product, you are welcome to write me a lengthy email or leave me a lengthy voicemail regarding why you feel I or anyone else should not. I would likely respond to you with a brief explanation of the issues your product will encounter (then you can ask me how I know) and my thoughts on what can be done to address those concerns.
On this forum, vendors are always questioned about their product on various levels, myself included and you are not an exception. If you simply do not have an answer, just say so, no one will knock you down for it, we will simply wait patiently for your reply once you do have an answer. If you learn to accept constructive critiscim as simply that, you would realize in the end that it is not an attack, rather, an effort to help all partys interested. Personally, I wouldn't mind having a pulley like the one you mention in this thread, however, I am not going to make a single pulley and I do not want to modify someone elses product for my personal use.

It always amazes me that people on this board often turn down free help:confused: Victor, stop being so sensitive.

Paul

Paul

I am a little confused here. Victor is talking about a Alum power steering pulley and you seem to be talking about a balancer. Are we all on the same page? It is surprising that any vender want to develop a new product and try to bring it to our community. I would say if you have a question on a products reliability you should be the one E mailing him and asking.

Last edited:
Back