tweecer tuning

esgtbird

is anyone running a tweecer for a tuner? i am having a hard time making a choice on a tuner. i would like to have something with a data logger. any help would be great

is anyone running a tweecer for a tuner? i am having a hard time making a choice on a tuner. i would like to have something with a data logger. any help would be great

from what I've read Tweecer is one hell of a great tuner if you can figure out how to use it. However I don't think they do anything for SCs

tweecer

they do have stuff for the sc. the question is does anyone use it and how good is it. is there a better product out there. the tweecer looks pretty hard to use or is it just me.

The tweecer is just like the eec tuner, however, I believe they run different software. If they have gotten stable software together for the SC then it is pretty easy to use.

Paul

tweecer and the eec tuner are almost the same. Actually, the tweecer software is a mirror image of the software on sctuner.net. Very similar tables, format, process, ect. ect... The eec software is not hard to use, but its not user friendly AT ALL. If you're just getting into it, its very confusing since everything is in a .text format. The eec tuner will work with sctuner.net software, however I think that the tweecer board uses some firware on their boards to make them work only with cal-edit software. I've been tuning my car for a few years and just started using a tweecer on my friends stang. We were able to get over a second off his et with just tuning.

IMO a tuner isn't 100% needed unless you have drivability issues or you plan to spend many, many many long hours in the garage and dyno in order to get the best possible tune.

As far as data logging, the tweecer RT tuner can do it, however, its only based for A9L and other family codes that are not SC related. The eec tuner does not have the ability to data logg. I run a wideband o2 set-up which also doubles as a data logger so I'm able to tune, make changes, log data and see realtime a/f ratio's so I can get the best, most safe power possible. Its been worth every penny.

You can get the SCT pro racer package that has a lot more parameters decoded in the ford computer. The drawback is that its expensive, and the additional parameters don't get you much further from a performance aspect.

A tuner is a powerful tool, however it can spell disaster when in the wrong hands. Do some more research, download trial software and get to know how to tune eec systems before making your choice.

they do have stuff for the sc. the question is does anyone use it and how good is it. is there a better product out there. the tweecer looks pretty hard to use or is it just me.

I think you are mistaken. They list 88-97 Tbirds but SC's are not part of that group.

sc tweecer

i spoke to the guy at tweecer he told me that they do support the sc thunderbird the rt part of the tweecer has not been tested on a sc yet i would like to pick up a ecc tuner or a tweecer or a stand alone. i just been seeing the capability of the ecc and was wondering what would be easier to learn how to use i am familiar with sds stand alone engine management but thought if the tweecer was not hard to learn i would take that route. as far as the motor goes i built ias a toy if i blow the motor i blew the motor i dont want to but if i do i do

Back