not a ford but a m90 3.8

GM3.8M90

saw a sc at the track and thought it was cool so i have to come over here and say whats up. i have a 00 buick regal with computer, exhaust, pulley and some more. mine runs 13.9 at 3750lbs. no intercooler either. not bad for a grandpa car :D let me know what you guys think.

ee9324da.jpg

its grandpa tastic!
welcome to the forum.

i love my sc because nobody thinks it's a quick car or at anything near fast because they're familiar with their grandpa's 3.8L N/A boat or 4.6L SOHC v8 boat.

i imagine your regal doesn't get any notice at all driving around.
that's a perk in terms of speeding and keeping costs down.

-ghost

its grandpa tastic!
welcome to the forum.

i love my sc because nobody thinks it's a quick car or at anything near fast because they're familiar with their grandpa's 3.8L N/A boat or 4.6L SOHC v8 boat.

i imagine your regal doesn't get any notice at all driving around.
that's a perk in terms of speeding and keeping costs down.

-ghost

i dont get any notice at all. sometimes its cool to outrun Z28's and GT Mustangs with a family car, but i do miss rear wheel drive. it cuts down on the burnouts. when i started going to the track all the dorks would laugh and id have to show them whats up. :p

My gf has my moms old 1991 buick regal gran sport..it's a tired engine with 135K on it but it's stll pretty power full.

Nice GS. I was considering buying one when my fiance wrecked her GAGT, but unfortunately the insurance co. didn't total it.
I have GTP with similar mods.
Mike

Last edited:
I love the GM 3800 motor. Expecially the supercharged version. My mom had a '98 Bonneville SSEi that my dad bought for her that we just recently sold and that thing would run its ~~~ off. It was a GT and Z28 killer. Not mention it could eat rice like no other ;) It had a smaller supercharger pulley and an ECU tune. I think the best run we had in that thing was a 13.8.

Welcome to the forums.

these cars are tempermental, i ran a 14.1 with factory exaust when it was 55* out, then i put a 3" down pipe and a cut out on it and ran it, ran 14.4 all day long. it was 85* out then. i want to take it to the track again but i dont feel like breaking anything. the trans is the weak point on these cars.

these cars are tempermental, i ran a 14.1 with factory exaust when it was 55* out, then i put a 3" down pipe and a cut out on it and ran it, ran 14.4 all day long. it was 85* out then. i want to take it to the track again but i dont feel like breaking anything. the trans is the weak point on these cars.

Bahhh...it was just too hot for her to do any better!
Now, if you had cold air induction on it, or even just a K&N panel filter, it would've run MUCH better.

By the way...if you think the auto trans in those cars are weak, try racing a Taurus SHO automatic. THATS a weak tranny. Great cars though. So I would'nt worry too much about the transmission.

Bahhh...it was just too hot for her to do any better!
Now, if you had cold air induction on it, or even just a K&N panel filter, it would've run MUCH better.

By the way...if you think the auto trans in those cars are weak, try racing a Taurus SHO automatic. THATS a weak tranny. Great cars though. So I would'nt worry too much about the transmission.

its got a gutted air box with a k&n filter. we take the headlight out on these cars and the filter is right there.

Back