Fuel Filter

thundrburd

Hey guys, I was going to change my fuel filter in my 95 sc, but maybe I'm blind or something, but I cant seem to find it, can anyone point me in the right spot of were it is ? and is it a pain in the ~~~ to change or is it pretty easy ? I changed it in my ranger before, so if its like that , then I shouldnt have to much problems, thanks

Hey guys, I was going to change my fuel filter in my 95 sc, but maybe I'm blind or something, but I cant seem to find it, can anyone point me in the right spot of were it is ? and is it a pain in the ~~~ to change or is it pretty easy ? I changed it in my ranger before, so if its like that , then I shouldnt have to much problems, thanks

My SC was a 1990 but I doubt if they moved the location. Mine was on the right side of the car, right under the passenger seat/floorboard area. Not to be a smart a$$ (ok maybe a little :) ) but if you follow the fuel line from the tank you're gonna find it. My '90 didn't require a special tool to release (it used plastic clips) but on the newer ones you may have to buy a tool to release the retaining clips.

Yep, it was in the same place on all MN12's. Under the car, about where the passenger front seat is. It should have a sheild protecting it, which is attached to the car via two 8mm bolts.

-Rod

a shield over it huh ? possibly why I overlooked it, thanks guys is a filter from auto zone or advanced good enough ? or should I get one from ford ?

ok, good deal, now the next question is , how do you get it off ? one side has some kind of plastic clip, the other side is like my truck and you need a special tool for, so I just want to make sure I dont mess up the plastic clip , so any help on telling me how to get it off , would be much appreciated

the filter should come with a new clip in the box when you buy the filter so just pry it out with a flat screw driver.as for the other end you need a tool (10$ at the local parts stores) to get it off so now would be a good time to get it as you will need it for any fuel related repairs as well as AC.

one side you need the tool it makes no sense to me but I think my 94sc I needed the tool for one side and my 90sc didn't need the tool

The best tool I've found for releasing the front locking clip on the fuel filter is the one designed for Ford a/c & fuel line connections. It's scissor shaped and has nice slim collars to slide into the fuel line fitting; versus the thicker gauge plastic or metal on those sets of disconnect rings. I got mine at PepBoys for about $5.

Back