spark blow out

nickleman60

have any of you experienced this?my mechanic friend took a ride in my car and said that's what he thought was happening.it runs good until it hits 15 lbs. of boost then it cuts out.i'm going to try putting in some new plugs and gap them at .035".i also have a small shot of nitrous on the car so that's another reason for needing the smaller gap.

if you have a small shot of nitrous in the car shouldnt u be using those special plugs? i mean wouldnt the nitrous burn the platinum right off?

Dis

A bad DIS module will make you think you have spark blow out. I would get a new one and see what happens if gapping the spark plugs does not work.

I am running the same plugs gapped at .045, and at the Dyno Comp in Dayton at the shootout, I had spark blowout at around 5000 rpms, so I dont know if I should think its from the plugs or the overdrive amount or what.

I also am going to gap them down to .035 and see if that helps me out at all.

Let us know if it works for you!

THanks Mike

Can you verify that the Autolite 103's are 2 heat ranges colder than stock? Or are they stock just not platinum? I put them in my car in prep for the nitrous but I forget what I gapped them at. I think they are at .035" I suppose I could pull one and check when the time comes. I just want to be sure they are colder or I'm going to pull them out and switch to something else.

scott they're 2 heat ranges colder than stock,i previously had them gapped at .045" but weather permitting i'm going to change them tomorrow.

Mine are probably at .045" then too because I took your recommendation a few months back. Thanks.

Just a thought, I'm also thinking of the screamin' demon coil pack, hotter spark and says you can run wider gap on your plugs. Its like $80.00 might be worth a try. SCP has them.

i heard good things about the demon coil pack,one of the local sc guys put one on his 90' anny and he says he can tell a difference.

Might even help with gas mileage if it burns more efficiently in the combustion chamber. I'm going to order one next month.

i thought it over last night and today i ordered a screamin demon coil pack from scp.it sounds like a great upgrade plus a local sc'er has already put one on his car and says he can tell a difference,i guess i'll find out in a week or so.

i just put one of those screaming deamon coil packs on my car. taking it on a 2400 mile trip starting tomorrow so i'll definitely be one to say how it affected gas mileage. gap is at .04 on the plugs for anyone that cares.. now i just need to fix my gas gauge :(

For you guys with the Demon Coil packs, let us know what you find. I also want to know before and after. Like if you had blow out before and now it pulls like a freight train till 6k. Sounds like a swell of a deal. Now we just need to ditch the stock DIS module for one that can put out more power.

I was looking at MSDs yesterday but I am not sure they have one that works with our setup. They have one for the Chebby v-6 cars but I think we are still left out in the cold.

Chris

Back