Maybe new SC OWNER need advice

franky_402

I have the chance to get a 95 sc auto(rather have a 5spd) with no rust, pearlescent white, all leather tan interior, sunroof, keyless entry (missing remote) Driver door Keypad (forgot code) for 2500.00 Heres the catch the engine runs and supercharger is great but the engine has a knock to it. They think its a bent rod or something, i think its a spun crank. It has new tires, radiator, shocks, struts, belts, battery and i think thats it. The car has been sitting a couple of months due to the knocking. The engine has 139,000 approx. miles. Is it worth it or are they asking to much!!

95 sc

$2,500 is too much for a car with a blown motor. If the car is in near flawless condition I would give $1,200-$1,500 for it. I like that color. On my 93 bird there were places on the car where you could get the code for unlocking the doors. I know of two places, up under the hood where the hood latches, and in the trunk on one of the arms. 5 digit code if my mind serves me correctly.

$2,500 is too much for a car with a blown motor. If the car is in near flawless condition I would give $1,200-$1,500 for it. I like that color. On my 93 bird there were places on the car where you could get the code for unlocking the doors. I know of two places, up under the hood where the hood latches, and in the trunk on one of the arms. 5 digit code if my mind serves me correctly.

He`s right. Way to much for the money you need to get it running again.

what do you guys suggest what is exactly wrong with the engine, the owners think a bent rod, but i highly doubt that. And how much to fix the engine (ballpark estimate)

A shop rebuild will generally run you anywhere from $1700-$3000, depending on what all you get done. To pay what he is asking is too much for how much extra you'll have to put in it to rebuild the motor. Use that as a bargaining tool to get the price down.

Back