Looking for a SC in Kansas...

PitchBlack

I am currently looking for a SC in Kansas. I have no preference on color, but I would like it to be a manual car. This will be my FIRST car, (I'll be 16 in 3 months), and I am in LOVE with Super Coupes.

Heres the tricky part...it has to be around $800 or less. I don't care if its runnning or not, I am will to put the time and effort into making it run.

So please, if anyone in Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska, or Missouri is willing to sell theirs for the said price, I will be interested! :D

Thank you,
Logan.

sc

It will be hard for someone to get rid of there car for $800. You can parts those things for about 2000 dollars. So for someone to sell it for that price must not know how to take a car apart.

I am currently looking for a SC in Kansas. I have no preference on color, but I would like it to be a manual car. This will be my FIRST car, (I'll be 16 in 3 months), and I am in LOVE with Super Coupes.

Heres the tricky part...it has to be around $800 or less. I don't care if its runnning or not, I am will to put the time and effort into making it run.

So please, if anyone in Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Nebraska, or Missouri is willing to sell theirs for the said price, I will be interested! :D

Thank you,
Logan.

I used to live in Wichita when these things were new. Rusty Eck Ford, and the dealer on N. Broadway (can't recall the name) sold the crap out of them. We had a '90 LX at the time, but always saw lots of SC's running around town. There should be a fair number of them still in town in decent shape. And, you might get lucky and find someone who isn't an SC "enthusiast" to sell you one at used-car prices.

However, I would strongly caution you to spend a little more up front, and buy a car that is running and driving. The money you save buying a cheap-o will evaporate quickly trying to get/keep it running. Not just for SC's, but any car. I'd hold off and save up a few hundred more dollars to buy a decent one. There's a big difference between an $800 car and a $1,500 car.

Best of Luck,

JD

I used to live in Wichita when these things were new. Rusty Eck Ford, and the dealer on N. Broadway (can't recall the name) sold the crap out of them. We had a '90 LX at the time, but always saw lots of SC's running around town. There should be a fair number of them still in town in decent shape. And, you might get lucky and find someone who isn't an SC "enthusiast" to sell you one at used-car prices.

However, I would strongly caution you to spend a little more up front, and buy a car that is running and driving. The money you save buying a cheap-o will evaporate quickly trying to get/keep it running. Not just for SC's, but any car. I'd hold off and save up a few hundred more dollars to buy a decent one. There's a big difference between an $800 car and a $1,500 car.

Best of Luck,

JD

My dad always tells me stories about when those were new. He worked a Joe Self Chevrolet at the time and would always go look at the new SCs and SHOs after he was off work. He wanted to trade in our Lumina (car at the time) for one. But decided not to. The SC was black on black leather with a 5-speed. He also decided not to buy a 1984 Mustang Predator 302 (black with gold stripes, on of the two ever made) for $5000. And I kick him in the ~~~ every time for buying neither one!!! But those are different topics...

Anyway, thanks for the advice. My dad used to own a car lot and we had 3 of them. Two of them were personal, one automatic, one stick, and the third we sold to my aunt (who sold it after about a year). They just seem harder to find now...the silver one we had was the stick, and had a little over 200,000 miles on it before the coil pack gave out. My dad had one on back order for $170. He waited for a full year to get a call from the dealership and so finally he just got a refund and sold the car to a guy for $5000 who bought it with CASH and bought a coilpack from someone off here...pretty big coincidence :p

Back