i have a ? about dis

92sclikenew

92 sc now if i was 2 extend the wires and move the dis 2 the fender lets say would it hurt it more cuz i think it would be better because wouldnt have as much engine heat:confused: :confused: :confused:

92 sc now if i was 2 extend the wires and move the dis 2 the fender lets say would it hurt it more cuz i think it would be better because wouldnt have as much engine heat:confused: :confused: :confused:

I have heard of people doing that. Personally, I would be concerned about the increased resistance due to the splicing.

thats what im asking is it worth it or will it make probs im goin 2 solder it and heat tube it so u think that will still make a prob

Why not just use ceramic spacers to slightly raise the unit? A small air gap is more then enough to help with temp. I mounted my ignition system and ZEX nitrous system 4" above a transversely mounted exhaust manifold. Only thing between them and the manifold was a thin piece of aluminum and 1/4" ceramic spacers.

Why not just use ceramic spacers to slightly raise the unit? A small air gap is more then enough to help with temp. I mounted my ignition system and ZEX nitrous system 4" above a transversely mounted exhaust manifold. Only thing between them and the manifold was a thin piece of aluminum and 1/4" ceramic spacers.

I am not sure of the specifics, but i recall some people having some trouble when the DIS warped. Even if only the centor of the module was raised up, it was not functioning properly.

I dunno how valid what people say is, but some people in this thread feel that the whole point of the DIS being mounted directly onto a surface is to help conduct heat OUT of the DIS. Apperantly the Convection/Radiation when it isn't mounted directly onto a surface is not enough to keep it in the realm of safe operating temperatures.

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77004

i agree, if it works fine in cars up to and over 100k miles, its fine, just be sure to use heat sink compound, NOT dielectric grease!

Back