booooooost

92sclikenew

how much can the stock motor handle with some open exhast and no raised top like what % pulley could u use and b ok

10% sc pulley and 38# injectors with ic fan.
2-3 psi extra boost
ported blower and plennum gains about 20 hp
have full open exhaust

Boost cost Money.

I have been running about 20psi for the last 2 years with no problems. Tuning is the key to more boost and power.

Thanks, Cmac

Forgot the IC thing, exactly why I am ditching the double and going to a FMIC when I put on the MP2 I got

ok so on my car the mufflers are gone and the resonator is knocked out its a 92 sc and has stock pipes and cats what kind of boost upgrades u think i can do

ok so on my car the mufflers are gone and the resonator is knocked out its a 92 sc and has stock pipes and cats what kind of boost upgrades u think i can do

Knocked out the resonator, did you just punch it out, or did you actually remove it and put in a replacement pipe?

As for boost gains, I still wouldn't go more than 5%. You go 10% without any other mods and you'll lose alot of power because your ACT will be WAY to high.

Whatever it takes to make 14 pounds....I'm still thinking about 5%, but you may be able to get away with 10%.

ACT=Air Charge Temp

The more boost, the hotter the air will get.

David

The big restriction is the exit (Resonator). I would not add much boost until you cut out the resonator or replace it with a free flow type, also the third middle cat if you have one.

so your sayin 14 psi of boost is about the max with the setup i have

I'm saying that I think you will get the most average power out of 14 pounds of boost without any negatives. For example 16 pounds would feel stronger pulling away from a stoplight and spin the tires a little easier, but the additional HP draw from the supercharger and higher air temps, will likely make it slower at high rpms (4500 and up), especially in warm weather. 14 is usually a good balance of bottom end torque and top end HP on a stock motor.

David

I would recommend replacing stock downtubes w/2.25" downtubes (w/no cats) and magnaflow resonator, that should be around $200 in parts. I would do that at the very least before adding any boost. Once that's done then you can get a 5% pully and get a new belt. I hope that helps

Hey I see you are from michigan. Put a flowmaster resonator on there (can get from jegs/summit/super coupe performance) and then run 2.5" pipe back to a Y then 2 1/4" out to either side with turndowns up behind the bumper in the stock location. I don't run mufflers on my car. I also had new downtubes made without cats. In Michigan we don't have inspections so you can get away without cats. You can buy catless downtubes, and a resonator, and then install the downtubes, take it to a shop and have them mount the resonator and run the rest of the pipe. Most shops won't cut the cats off but if you come in with them already off and ask to have some pipes welded they will usually do that. Might not give you a receipt but you can get it done.

I'd say no more than 5% overdrive. I have 10% overdrive, stock IC, ic fan, and it pulls timing. I want to go back to stock pulley and get a 5% jackshaft pulley and leave it be until I get a bigger intercooler and a ported late model blower and mp plenum. Thats just got to hold me over till I buy a new MP3 or maybe an Auto Rotor in the future.

Back