need your take

SK_BlownThunder

so I think we can take one of deze babies. great car except the interior, my opinion anyway. what dy'all figure if we turn this body style into the new SC and scrap the entire "Thunderbird retro" lookin one that Ford tried slappin a blown V8 into. no good, this is better. makes me wonder why they never did produce the gt90. it would have been great, but costly, i know.

let me know what your take is on the shifter knob from Ford Racing. if anyone is familiar with it, would it fit the threads on the 90 5-speed stock SC shifter arm? i tend to like the leather grip with the aluminum button look, not as cold to hold onto in the winter either. cheers.

Attachments

• fast SC.jpg
    fast SC.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 97
  • Ford Racing 5-speed shift knob.jpg
    Ford Racing 5-speed shift knob.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Ford GT90 front.JPG
    Ford GT90 front.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 113
The SC and Mustangs use the same thread so it should be ok.

I agree. I'd like to see a totally new T-Bird. I think it should be offered in a modular format. 2 seater version, 2+2, and 4 dr sedan.

All RWD, all IRS, all 4.0L 60 deg V6's, all with rotrex superchargers, and fast ones with dual superchargers. Hp ratings starting at 300 for the entry level and 500 for the twin supercharged ones.

I like the rotrex for several reasons,

1) its very compact.
2) its modular allowing a variety of installation options
3) it's already OE rated

I like the V6 for a couple of reasons

1) 60 deg so it's stronger and more compact (also lighter)
2) 60 deg runs smoother and the crank is stronger.
3) V6 has less parts so is cheaper to produce, lighter, and takes up less space.
4) More efficient because of lower internal HP losses.

Modular design

1) fairly easy to accomplish with CAD design. The same car up front and in rear, just add more stuff in the middle and slight bodywork changes to accomodate.

2) The 2 seater with 500hp could challenge Caddy SLR and other high end luxury performance vehicles Also could be a flagship offering

3) 2+2 fits the pony and musclecar market. Available with either 300, 400, 0r 500hp versions. Available with IRS or solid axle.

4) 4dr version. Direct competition for the Chrysler 300 and Charger platform. This car could also be a big seller for corporate cars, police cars, family cars, etc.

None would be targetted at economy or vanilla flavored America. It would be an exciting car that people would not have to make excuses for.

I think Ford could do it but they won't. :(

I envision either a sport car a step above the stang or a GT type car again..Convertable and hard top or targa...No 4 door...A nice lincoln continental 4 door suicide type would be to rock the 4 door world

Speaking fo Retro...Challenger....Camaro....Its comming on strong everywhere

2) The 2 seater with 500hp could challenge Caddy SLR and other high end luxury performance vehicles Also could be a flagship offering

Caddy Whaaaat?

Anyway, I thought someone was already making a new Thunderbird. It was going to be a big block and make me creme my genes if I remember correctly. I sent a deposit....

I want to see a redesigned TBird with a NA V6, and a 4.6 V8, and a limited run S/C'ed DOHC V6. 400HP form the factory.

The Corvette is a Chevrolet.

Caddy SLR is Caddy's Vette.

What Ford needs to do is put the bird back to its roots. Make it a competitor with the Vette. 2 Seater, vert or coupe. 6 spd or 5spd auto. With either the 4.6 auto, 4.6 DOHC w/cobra intake auto or manual, or the 5.4 SC manual AWD(shelby motor).

Just my take...none of the retro bs...

Caddy SLR is Caddy's Vette.

Caddy doen't make the "Vette," Chevrolet does. The SLR is a Mercedes / Mclaren...

0112200416094988.jpg

Actually Caddy does make an SLR based off the Vette chasis..Thus the Caddy Vette Moniker..

http://www.trombinoscar.com/cadmodernes/0302.html

Of course they used a non pushrod motor;O)

Wonder if they changed it to XLR because of....

Interesting website, leave it to the French to screw something else up. Cadillac does not make a vette, or SLR.

THAT is the XLR, always has been. It is based on the 1999 Evoq concept, and was never called SLR. Also it actually shares very little with the Corvette, probably about the same amount the Jaguar S-Type shares with the Ford Mustang.

No interior or exterior component is shared between XLR and Corvette. The powertrains are not the same, neither are the electrical sytems, suspension, wheels / tires etc etc... Some of the frame components and brake parts are common, maybe some chassis parts, but not much. Even less when talking about the 5th generation Corvette.

I bring up the C5 because C6 launched a year AFTER the XLR, so if anything you should say the current Corvette is based on the XLR. It would be kind of like saying the 1989 SC was based on the 1993 Mark VIII. That makes the Corvette, simpley Chevy's stripped down XLR. ;) In truth they were co-developed, (but seperate) programs.

In the end, I know RX7Dave just made a typo.

No one ever said that it was a Cadillac made Corvette. It is, however the Cadillac EQUIVILENT of the Vette. That is all he was saying. It is also called an XLR-V, not SLR.

In any event, when I see the Cadillac that everyone is speaking of, I see a "Cadillac Corvette"

On another note...
...leave it to the French to screw something else up.
Now that really sums it up! (not meaning to offend any French Canadian Super Coupers)

Back