Roll Bar ?

tim

Where can I find a roll bar? Frame connectors are also in the plans any help would really be appreciated. Tim

Where can I find a roll bar? Frame connectors are also in the plans any help would really be appreciated. Tim

Tim

I was one of the first to intall a roll bar in my SC back in 2002 I had Karl's Customs of Napa Calif intall mine. We had Chris Alston Chassisworks bend the main hoop cut all the bars and floor plates nice clean roll bar with removable back cross bar here is the link http://www.cachassisworks.com/

Will post pictures before and after intall (Note) its best to have it built using 4130 Chromoly mild steel adds 90-100lbs to the car weight

Last edited:
Pictures before interior

Tim

Here is a few pictures of istall before interior was put back in you can see the work on it. Notice the removable rear cross over bar with push in pins and the swing out side bar nice setup

Last edited:
Interor install

Tim

Pictures of interior intalled all fits back in back seat fits just fine looks clean Chris Alston Chassisworks makes clean kits

Last edited:
Jim,

Does that cage meat NHRA requirements if it has a removable center piece for the hoop? I thought it was required that all parts of the hoop be welded, and the only removable parts were the swing outs for the door.

Jim,

Does that cage meat NHRA requirements if it has a removable center piece for the hoop? I thought it was required that all parts of the hoop be welded, and the only removable parts were the swing outs for the door.

Yes it meets NHRA Requirments

We went through tech inspection its fine we built it to the rules nice deal for the street and strip Sacramento Raceway is real strong on NHRA rules we had to make sure it was correct

Last edited:
cool...i just wasn't sure. I thought it had to be welded. I'd like to make my own cage like that for my car and use a similar set-up.

Thanks for all the info guys. Jim thanks for the pictures. I think I am going with the SW kit. I am doing this thinking I may get into the 11 second range this year. :eek:

Thanks for all the info guys. Jim thanks for the pictures. I think I am going with the SW kit. I am doing this thinking I may get into the 11 second range this year. :eek:

Tim your welcome :)

I hope you get into the 11's this year being safe going 11's or even 12's with a good solid built roll bar is a must SW is a good choice

come and look at my stuff....

Tim, get on your hoese and get over here. You know that I have cages for you to look at.:p I even went a bit overboard with the last one with all the extra stuff.:D You got my #'s, I will be around on Sunday, who knows, I might even give you a ride in a:eek: SUB 10 second S.C. :eek: if you got the ba&& to go....Rich

Rich, I will give you a call. I dont want anything to big just a legal bar. I wont be going fast enough to need a cage for a while.:D

Tim,

Here are some pics of my roll cage:

11517371197.jpg

11517325773.jpg

11517333936.jpg

11517350069.jpg

11517362429.jpg

Shane

Back