red brake light on dash is on

92sclikenew

what would make the red brake light on. on my 92 sc it started only doin it once and a while now it is doing it all the time even if i dont push the brake pedle

have your brakes checked, when the pads wear down the light will come on, i am assuming your e-brake is off!

its not on all the time it seem like 5-10 sec after i push the brake pelde it comes on but the pads are fairly new

Check the fluid level in the reservoir. If the level is low, the BRAKE warning indicator will come on....

nope not low i think its a prob with the brake system its self
what will usely back with the brake systems like 2 time like alot time ago the abs like had stayed on after hitting the brakes and last winter (yea i know dont drive it in the winter) the abs all the time like 1 out of 5 times hitting the brakes i would say the abs didnt fully work

Well now that you like mentioned the abs brake light like, that changes everything man.....

The accumulator pump and/or its relay could be on its way out. Check that first, and if that is good, then it may then be the accumulator itself that is going.

Do a search on the abs brakes as it is a very common problem, and there is ways to test everything.

For one thing, when things start to fail, you will know it cause you will need to stand on the brakes to stop the car (NOT kidding), and if this happens I would NOT drive that car till its fixed.

I forget what it is that if it fails, then you will have nothing at all, hence the need to fix what you have, or as some folks around here do, they dump the teves system and go to a non abs system. Plenty of info for that mod.

I won't be going that route as I'm keeping my car pretty much stock (worth more that way), but I have a couple of spare working units so its not a big deal for me.

Are you asking about the Red Parking Brake warning light or the Amber warning light for the brakes??

If its the amber one, something may be up with your brakes. Sometimes, the amber one will come on for a few seconds after the antilocks pulse.

If the red one is on, its got something to do with your parking brake light switch or wiring issues in this region.

yea i have owned the car for 3 years and am the 3rd owner and didnt know if any 1 has used it normaly so i never have and if the amber light is the 1 that comes on if the ebrake is pulled then yes

Back