Alright, Where's the door chime?

Jeremy_K

So I can ring it's neck one last time. I'm pulling the fuse for my passive restraint belts since I'm on my second assembly on the driver side and it's grinding away the nylon belt again. When I pull the fuse the door chime keeps going no matter what. Is it behind the glove box like the NA birds?

I'm pretty sure that's where it is. Just follow the sound. Just be forewarned that it is also the same chime that let's you know that you've left your lights on.

I found it. It's behind the glove box on the right hand side. A wide connector with about 10 wires going to it. I'll have to be careful with my lights but I normally have them set on auto. I couldn't handle that motor grinding away every time I open and close the door. Newer seatbelt swap is coming soon.

yea i found that that box controls all of your interior lights as well (dome and rearview lights). Wish i could find another one since mine is fubar'd..got rid of the sounds and lights all at once :(

yea i found that that box controls all of your interior lights as well (dome and rearview lights). Wish i could find another one since mine is fubar'd..got rid of the sounds and lights all at once :(

I'm pretty sure I have one off my parts cars....

Back