stock 90 SC vs. 95 or so z28 haha

NightMare3.8

I know your gunna think im a loser or somethin for racing the guy but i was cruisin around with my squeeze one night and this black z28 came up to me and was like hey thats a nice lookin car man. i said thanks yours and bad either...sounds damn nice too! then he laughed and was like yea...wanna run em..? i said no im fine i dont feel like gettin the crap pounded outta me. but the guy insisted sine he just got 4.11s and a new excelerator exaust. so i was like ok fine ill race ya till like 70 dude. so the light turnd green and we took off he pulled about 2 cars on me buy the time 30 came around but we stayed even up to when he let off. i know he couldnt of been messin with me because his car was damn loud and when he even hit 3rd he got some good scratch outta it. Now im not very smart with cars or anything but i know my basic stuff and i do know that his z28 with out those gears even should of walked all over me right..? he had an auto also and is that why he was running so slow or is my car a freak...?:p Oh yea and it was also like 30 degrees out that night.

Last edited:
he probably was playin but we raced on our main street to about 75-80 and the speed limit on the street is only 30 hahaha so i dont think the ticket was bothering him

Most likely he wasn't playing. The LT1 isn't all that fast in more or less stock form. On a 30 deg night you would have a real good chance of staying with him.

Anything under 45 degrees will hurt NA performance, but it will help your car out a lot.

LT1's have good potential, but not until you start going internal. They were rated at a 14.1 @101mph. I've seen them run anywhere from a 13.50 to a 14.50 from the factory.

There's just variables that go along with it.

sorry I cant see any sc stock keeping up with an lt1 especially one with 411s. They are deep into the 14s stock were scs are low 15s at best stock

30 degrees with 4.11 gears in a z-28 is not a good deal. Those cars are not even in the same game as an LS-1 but their low-end torque is pretty good. He would have had to take it easy off the line, but I could see ya keeping up with him. Dump the little lady out and maybe he would have only beat ya by 1.5!:D

Im going to agree with Cmac, Ive got a buddy with a 6speed lt1 and from a highway roll neither car was pulling away maybe a fender and my bird isnt too modded. From a dig it was going to whoever got the better launch, driver's race. Rumor is cam and headers do wonders for those cars, but optispark is a big no no.

Anything under 45 degrees will hurt NA performance, but it will help your car out a lot.

LT1's have good potential, but not until you start going internal. They were rated at a 14.1 @101mph. I've seen them run anywhere from a 13.50 to a 14.50 from the factory.

There's just variables that go along with it.

I raced a guy i work and he has a 94 z28 5 speed.They are not all that fast as he got beat up by an LX.He claims the car to be running 9.90's in the 1/8 which is slow for the LT-1 correct???His car is not all that tired ethier.runs really strong.I just dont understand the 14.1 but i guess it is possible.

sorry I cant see any sc stock keeping up with an lt1 especially one with 411s. They are deep into the 14s stock were scs are low 15s at best stock

Sorry I run 14.7 totally stock and tired motor. Bad tires and all. I know there is another 2 tenths in it.

LT1's run out of gas up top . An LT4 spec motor would embarass you but a stock LT1 should be a good heads up, however gets traction should win.

Back