PDA

View Full Version : Factory Alarm System Falsely Trips After 20-seconds

427Cammer
10-30-2006, 02:35 AM
1990 stock 5-spd SC -- factory sunroof

Factory alarm system will not set -- if I lock the doors via the factory electric door locks, and shut the door, the alarm system will start honking/lights flashing after 20 seconds or so. During the 20-seconds, the orange alarm indicator in the dash is solid orange, and goes out when alarm triggers.

Have checked both door pin switches -- interior lights go on/off as expected -- trunk and hood lights work as expected -- what might be causing the alarm to falsly trigger? What are the sensors that the factory alarm uses? Is there a glass breakage mic?

Thanks ahead of time,

Cammer

XR7 Dave
10-30-2006, 08:41 AM
The switches that trigger the alarm are not the same switches that trigger the lights. Most likely your trunk switch is not working. Try unplugging the trunk latch switch.

427Cammer
10-31-2006, 01:36 AM
Thanks for the response, Dave -- I will check the trunk tomorrow day -- where are the alarm set-switches located for the doors, and the hood?

Cammer

427Cammer
11-02-2006, 04:36 AM
Here are the color codes for the wires that are running up the trunk hinge, and into the inner trunk panel.

purple/yellow stripe -- seems to be for the electric trunk release

black/brown stripe -- B/U lights

brown/white stripe -- ???

brown/gold rings -- ???

green/yellow stripe -- trunk light

black/gold rings -- B/U lights

Before I start to disassemble the inner trunk parts willy-nilly in attempt to figure this out, and having no wiring or schematic diagrams to work from, where specifically is the PLUG for the trunk alarm sensor physically located? Where specifically is the alarm SENSOR physically located? How does it trip -- is it a mercury switch? Is it the same mercury switch that controls the trunk light?

Thanks folks.

Cammer

birds4us
11-02-2006, 09:01 AM
The trunk lock tamper switch is on the trunk lock itself. It should be a 2 wire connector with the wire colors being BR/W (brown with a white tracer) and a BK wire (black). I agree that the trunk lock tamper switch is a good place to start.