another engine swap question

Engine and AOD go in together very nicely - even with driveshaft in place. Heat shield and driveshaft catch bar need to be down, and pull the driveshaft down against sheetmetal of gas tank to engage. Info valid for a 1990 auto. The gas tank changes in the '93, and I'm not sure what impact that would have.

I am swapping a 90 engine and 5 spd tranny into a 93 body that had a 5 spd as well. I would like to think that there would be no problems with alignment but may be wrong on that one.

I have also put in the engine/auto tranny combo in an 89. The engine tilter device that goes on the engine hoist really helps in all situations.

If you're doing an engine and trans. together, try this ... jack up the REAR of the car, get it up on stands at a decent height. That way, as the engine and trans. are going in on the crane level to the ground, they are "tilted" in relation to the car. I haven't presonally tried this method, but have talked to other people who have had luck doing it this way (but not on an SC, so it's up to you whether or not you want to give it a shot).

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

Back