SC oil pump, stock or aftermarket?

SC Spyder

As I begin to gather parts to rebuild my 93 engine, I am wondering about the SC oil pump.

Is the stock pump (blueprinted) capable of supplying all the oil/pressure needed for our engines or is an aftermarket pump recommended?

My engine will be rebuilt mostly stock with a clean up overbore, ported exhaust, billet balancer, windage tray, K & N air filter, 5% jackshaft pulley and perhaps alcohol/water injection.

Your thoughts?

Doug

As I begin to gather parts to rebuild my 93 engine, I am wondering about the SC oil pump.

Is the stock pump (blueprinted) capable of supplying all the oil/pressure needed for our engines or is an aftermarket pump recommended?

My engine will be rebuilt mostly stock with a clean up overbore, ported exhaust, billet balancer, windage tray, K & N air filter, 5% jackshaft pulley and perhaps alcohol/water injection.

Your thoughts?

Doug

Get a Melling #M246 late model pump. It is a late model replacement pump (no longer avalible from Ford) and is compatible with early or late model timing covers/motors.

I bought mine at Summit.

David

I work in a parts store and researched a little bit on the M246 pump.The pump that we carry is a part #601-1398.In the box,the pump is cast with the M246 #.Also in the box is a spring,A valve,and a plug.Are these needed prior to instalation?They are probably for pressure purposes, I would guess.By the way,Carquest does carry this pump.

Back