5.0 swap in a 95 LX

Joshua

Hey guys, tell me if this is a re-post.. haven't been on SCCOA in over a year! :( anyways I have an 88 5.0L coming out of a Bronco Eddie Bauer.. I was going to rebuild it, swap the heads, intake, headers, cam, and that's basically gonna be it for the motor.. (if anyone has some good idea, let me know! i won't be building til summer) anyways, has anyone ever done a 5.0L swap in a 95? if so, how hard was it? i know the wiring harness will be a tough one, but i'm in no rush to have it running.. if it takes weeks, it takes weeks.. also a friend of mine was wondering about this.. will the stock 4EOD bolt to the 5.0? i might be going to a 5 speed anyways, but just wondering... the fuel pump is another thing.. should i stick to the stock pump (from the bronco) or i have a pump from a 94 f-150 4.9L, which runs at higher pressure.. better or worse to use? full of questions guys, any help or input would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Josh

Deffinately post this question on the tccoa. But to help you out some, you will need the assessory brakets off an MN12 tbird, MN12 5.0L motor mounts, early kmember, MN12 5.0L EEC and wiring harness unless you plan to go carbed. If there was a 4.6L in the car originally then the transmission thats in it wont work with the 5.0L. This is but a small list of things that will need to be changed. Hope this helps.

Shane

Deffinately post this question on the tccoa. But to help you out some, you will need the assessory brakets off an MN12 tbird, MN12 5.0L motor mounts, early kmember, MN12 5.0L EEC and wiring harness unless you plan to go carbed. If there was a 4.6L in the car originally then the transmission thats in it wont work with the 5.0L. This is but a small list of things that will need to be changed. Hope this helps.

Shane

why would you say that?

no, actually it changed in 94 when ford switched to mod motors in our mn12 not just the lincoln, the easiest way is to switch out the whole k-member with a known earlier unit that can deffinatly fit the oilpan of a 5.0. i have a
'91 with a 302 and its tight on the k-frame!

Back