Octane Plug question

NightMare3.8

ok i feel like a complete retard now...i just got done reading the debate on 87 -91....well guys sorry to say but ive put about 6 tanks of 87 in mine since i bought it about a month ago:eek: so where is the plug located at exactly..? i saw daves pic but i still cant figure what one it is for sure i know that i have somethin thats left unpluged but i cant route where it went or what its for either... i have a 1990 and as soon as this half of a tank is out im puttin the good stuff in for sure! :eek: sorry for the bad news haha i feel even more retarded then before. But thanks in advance guys!

right where it was in the pic

thats it....just look for it man, probably hella dirty and alot of wires but its there.

on newer birds its located near the MAFs...dont worry about that.
on a 90sc its on the pass.side by the firewall.

also and dont quote me, but if you zip tie the bypass valve behind the supercharger open you wont make boost...and when your not making boost you cant detonate.

what do you mean?

like so it can relearn idle?

i never did...i mean when i took that plug out once to see if i would loose power, i did, the thought of unplugging the battery didnt cross my mind..

but still, you might as well if it will put your mind at ease.

I wouldint disconnect the battery, I've tried this before, it doesint help that much.

When I could only get 87 I'd leave the plug in and prop the bypass valve open.

Back