Books and stuff like that

NightMare3.8

does anyone know where to get some books about super coupes...ya know like ones that like go indepth about the engine and all of its parts and how they interact with eachother....that is if there is a book like this..im 18 and love cars and i would love to be able to have some back ground on this engine before i take it to school and rebuild it. my old man told me to ask about chilton(sp)??? do they have a book? if there isnt a book like this out there then im sorry i wasted the thread and your guy's time:eek: thanks alot--- Josh

Why not get the factory service manuals? There are two for each year, one for the mechanical issues, and one for the vacuum and electrical. Also there is a driveability manual for each year that covers all of the Ford vehicles.

There are no books about the car like information books you can buy on mustangs and chevy's and stuff. Sorry. Would be nice. I've got a few books that mention the SC, one even says its too complicated to work on so it's best left to a dealership. HA. There's a book about the history of the Tbird and there's a book with a 35th Anniversary SC on the cover about historic Thunderbirds. Both have breif mentions of the SC.

As for repair manuals, there are 3 choices:

1. Haynes (Auto Zone)
2. Chiltons
3. Ford Factory Service Manual (sometimes can find on ebay)
4. There is also a Ford Electrical manaul that goes good with the Thunderbird and Cougar Factory Service Manual.

What exactly do you want to know about the engine. It's basically the same as any pushrod engine, except it has a positive displacment supercharger and air to air intercooler. Ask on here this place is basically the #1 authority on SC's online.

Last edited:
Back