Injector size?

OneFastBird

I'm tossed up if my 42lb injectors are going to be enough or if I'll have to upgrade to 50lb. I have a Pro-m mafs and they won't recalibrate it to 50lb injectors. So if my 42lb aren't enough whose mafs sensor do I use for 50lb injectors. Here's my following mods for my 94' 5-speed,

Pro-m 80mm mafs
MP 3.5 intake
MP 85mm t-body
MP Inlet
S-model
Inlarged sc top
MP fmic w/ fan
kooks hearders
Borla exsuast
SpinningWheels stage 1a cam with port matched heads
255lph fuel pump
pullies

I'm tossed up if my 42lb injectors are going to be enough or if I'll have to upgrade to 50lb. I have a Pro-m mafs and they won't recalibrate it to 50lb injectors. So if my 42lb aren't enough whose mafs sensor do I use for 50lb injectors. Here's my following mods for my 94' 5-speed,

Pro-m 80mm mafs
MP 3.5 intake
MP 85mm t-body
MP Inlet
S-model
Inlarged sc top
MP fmic w/ fan
kooks hearders
Borla exsuast
SpinningWheels stage 1a cam with port matched heads
255lph fuel pump
pullies

I'm thinking the 42s will be plenty for those mods.

David

PS: Get it tuned before going any further with mods.

You kind of need to know how much power you are going to make before deciding what injectors you need. Having all the good parts in the world doesn't mean you are going to make the power to need bigger injectors.

That being said if your heads/cam package is up to snuff and you aren't afraid to throw some boost at it you will definitely over run 42lb injectors. Don't look at what others may have done with 42lb injectors for reference. People around here have a really bad habit of running their injectors to 100% duty cycle which is bad no matter how you look at it.

Pro M (what is their new name now?) will recalibrate the meter for you. Either way the car will definitely need tuning.

Why are there MAF's so expensive? Compared to say C&L?

They include new electronics that are calibrated for your engine and injector combo. C&L is just a machined housing with a removable air sample tube and uses the stock electronics portion of your existing meter.

David

Back