Sun Roof Motor Question....

darkstar_one

Hola,

Hey dudes, quick question for anyone willling to help me out... la la la la la la al alalal..

right now my cam on the sunroof is out of whack, doesnt fully close were its supposed too... anywho. my sunroof motor is kinda tired and sometimes struffles to come back... if i would replace it will my cam position go back to normal? or would i need to mess with it to get it right? anyone. thanks

dudes... found out how to resync it. hopefully it works out for me...

Yes, it's pretty simple. If you want the actual procedures, I think I could bring my Helms manual in and send you a copy of it, but it's more simple that you would think.

1. Put the sunroof/moonroof nearest to the "closed" position as you can get it.

2. Open the access panel (it pulls down from the forward part and is hinged in the back), and make sure you pull on it from towards the front of the access panel.

3. (If you take a look at it now, the cam that has a notch in it, probably does not align with the microswitch, which this is why you are having a problem, mine was. This procedure will fix that. My microswitch was blue.) Take the two bolts out that hold the motor assembly to the top of the car.

4. Remove the motor from the spline and let it hang from the power wires.

5. Make sure the ignition switch is in the right position to have power to the sunroof and then toggle the sunroof/moonroof switch (I used the "open" side of the switch, not the "vent" side, I don't know if it really matters and the procedures didn't have anything on it) until you hear it stop (the cam is notched over the microswitch).

6. Install the sunroof motor assembly and give it a try, it should work fine now.

7. Reinstall the access panel.

Like I have said, my SC is a 95 with 76k and I have never messed with the motor assembly. Which is why I don't know why it could have gotten "out of synch", but oh well, it works good now! Now I've only got to level the glass with the body. Mine kinda sticks up in the front.

thanks michael mattix or whoever the hell i got it from!

Back