stupid question

sprchkn

what are the advantages of removing the air silencer. do you have to do anything with it when done. does it just make it louder or something

siply put

removed air silencer = 5-10 more HP

Just remove it, and throw it away, unless you are sentimental about it. I threw mine away. You might notice a bit more sound, I never hear it. I either have the stereo up loud, or stereo down so I can hear my charger wind up and my exhaust speak with authority.

Blown95 - 95 SC not quite stock anymore

After reading your "stupid question" and answer, I have a question of my own. Can anyone show me some sort of guide to removing it? Or maybe explain it (with a few pictures).

Or you can remove the 2- 11mm nuts that attach the plastic bumper cover onto the fender after you remove the clips that hold the inner fender well and pull the bumper cover and remove it from there (just ahead of the tire) and you don’t have to jack the car up or remove the tire.

You can also cut the tube from the inside of the silencer It’s about 4” around. Leave the bolts and you can attach it back where it was and then attach some 4” dryer tube and pull cool air from the foglight opening.

Jeff

Is the fog light hole the best for the intake of cold air? I have a fog light there and the black cover around it. Is there another opening that might work better? I have been contemplating removing the air silencer also.
Is there anyway that this will affect the life of the filter?

It’s the easiest to get to. I removed the fog lights (I hate replacing lenses, and we don’t have much fog around here anyway). I picked up just as much trash (sand, insects, small birds) as I did with the silencer in place. If you drive down dirt roads you will probably pick up more dirt than with the silencer out. It’s your decision.

Jeff

Back