Flow Matched Injectors ??????

Dahoopd

Is having injectors flow matched make a differance? Can an injector be flow matched or do they have to be built that way, if they can. Is it worth the money to have it done to a set of factory injectors? Thanks

Well since I couldnt find the answers on search, I searched the internet, should have done that in the first place. For anyone else that doesnt know......

Is having injectors tested & flow matched make a differance?

Yes, by not providing the same amount of fuel to each cylinder, the result can be a lean or rich condition. Both Turbo and Supercharged engines are very tough on injectors due to the higher intake temperatures and oil getting past the seals.

Can an injector be flow matched or does it have to be built that way.

Yes, most injectors can be flow matched for a fee of $15-$30

Is it worth the money to have it done to a set of factory injectors?

Yes, just because its factory doesnt mean its right. (see answer #1)

Linky:http://www.witchhunter.com/index.php4

I look at it as a matter of how close to the edge you plan to run your fuel system. If you're going to run it at 100% duty cycle and wide open, you probably want each injector to flow perfect.

But if you haven't CC'ed your combustion chambers. Your heads weren't machined by CNC mill, and your exhaust ports aren't perfect, well then you already have plenty of stuff out of balance in your motor, so whats one more thing.

My understanding is that MSD Delphi for example claims a + or -2% tolerance on their new production parts. To buy new ones makes most sense. To send them to a shop for flow match is typically about 15.00 ea.

Back