Power Steering Pulley Alignment

darkstar_one

Hey dudes, i have replaced my power steering pump, i deleted that bracket that goes across onto the water pump, anywho, last night i shredded the outer rib of my belt, so i have a 7 rib belt now, now i need to ask, do i have to push my pulley in more? or pull it out more? basically, the the alternator pulley ended up shredding the outer, by outer i mean the rib closest to the front of the car, and when the belt goes onto the ac compressor and water pump and crank, it sits nice it its place were it supposed to... you can see it just on the alternator were it leaves one rib space at the last rib closest to the engine, so i take it my power steering pulley needs to be pressed in more? anyone have any ideas what i am talking about? should i put on a new belt and try pressing it in more or pull it out more? thanks.

it actually didnt, it was starting to get harder to turn, but it still had some more to go... i will try this weekend or tommorow to adjust it.... but i know right now that the shaft extends out like 1mm or 2...

I was looking at that little bracket that goes from the PS pump over to the water pump and decided its staying on the cars (my cars that is ;) ).

With the stress load caused by the force needed to turn the PS pump, that will cause a high side pull on the accessory bracket. Since there is only 3 bolts that go into the head and no where else to hold the bracket on.... well we already have enough problems with keeping the heads sealed to the block.

As for alignment, the guys have it right, but I still check with starting the car and watching how the belt runs through the alt pully as well.

Back