Odometer gears and slosh module questions...

89SCK@t

The pics below show what I think is the ODO gears and the slosh module...am I correct?

My 93SC's odo just stopped and I am trying to repair it. I have an extra cluster from my 89SC. The first pic is of the ODO gear, with a red arrow. The second pic...how do I take out the gear or gears?

Thrid pic is of the odo gear motor, how many have had this fail?

Fourth pic is of the fuel gauge thing...is that the slosh module?

Any help is appreciated, Thanks
Stephen

Attachments

• odo gear 2.JPG
    odo gear 2.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 104
  • odo gear motor.JPG
    odo gear motor.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 110
  • slosh module.JPG
    slosh module.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 113
  • odo gear.JPG
    odo gear.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 113
I don't think it will work, or you took a picture of the wrong gear. That looks like a worm gear and ever Odometer gear I've seen is a standard toothed gear (a small 20 tooth and a larger I think 15ish).

Im going to take the cluster out of my 93 tomorrow and see what is going on, but I just want to see what usually goes out when the ODO goes out.

The 89 odmeter is different than the 93. I know for a fact that 91 is the same as the 93. I've fixed them both with the same 20 tooth gear.

No, the last pic is not the slosh module. It is on the right side of the cluster, a green circuit board.

No, just on the cluster. I believe what it does is compensate for the changing signal from the fuel sender and dampening it and or smoothing out the signal.

Thanks to everyone for their input, the slosh modules are, at least they look it, to be the same for 89-93. Those bastards are expensive from the dealer, around $300.

I looked at the ODO gears from my 93 and the damn thing was stuck because the smallest gear lost two teeth. cleaned it out and the ODO works again...

Question now is where can I get that little gear to replace it?

Do you need a slosh module? If so PM me. The odometer gears can be purchased from Super Coupe Performane and some other vendors on the links page.

the slosh module worked from my 89, so Im good on that. thanks tho.

the gear I found at 1 dealership here in SA. 15 bucks. It works, just with 2 or 3 teeth missing. Temp fix for now.

Oh, and Ford discontinued the ODO gears for our cars.:rolleyes:

For those who like to have some fun - try looking in your local hobby shop that carries R/C stuff. I found a 20 tooth 64 pitch gear made of aluminum. With a little filing to thin it out and making a center piece from the old gear, my odometer works just fine and I doubt any teeth will break off.

Cost of the gear - $5.00

Good luck,
Mark

Back