blower porting

where do u port the blowers when u port them any 1 have any pics i can see

Search will show a lot of examples of porting jobs but dont always show what tools are being used. I use high speed rotary file bits in a die grinder. My favorie tool is a dyna file, its like a small air belt sander with 1/2" or 3/4 inch belts. Blower inlet is more critical than outlet

Ken

I agree with Ken....I spent about an hour and a half porting and cleaning up the intake side of my sc earlier this summer. It made a world of difference over just opening up the outlet. Sorry no dyno numbers or pics as my harddrive crashed a while ago.

Here are a few pics of my 94-95 blower that i finally got around to porting. I haven't touched the inlet side yet, but spent about 3-4 hours on the outlet alone. I used matco aluminum cutting bits on a die grinder, a dremel with assorted sanding bands, and good ol sandpaper to finely clean up certain areas.

I used some old pics of mp2 blowers for reference. Hope these help.

Attachments

• DSC01464.JPG
    DSC01464.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 299
  • DSC01465.JPG
    DSC01465.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 233
  • DSC01466.JPG
    DSC01466.JPG
    145.3 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01467.JPG
    DSC01467.JPG
    201.6 KB · Views: 218
One thing to be sure of, is that when you open up both the in and outlets, there should be no daylight visible from the inlet to the outlet as the rotors turned. I got a little wild with the inlet side, and when I put it back together, you could loook through the inlet, and see the outlet at certain rotors positions. So I threw it away and started again...

any 1 have a stock up 2 a ported so i can see the diff and how much you should take off in a portin job thanks

I wouldint spend much of any time on the outlet, I would only smooth the sharp edge close to the rotor plate. As for the inlet I would take out & feather all the sharp edges.

people always bash that poor blower. I think it would be cool to put on my SC because it would either be the most hateful loudest blower ever, or whisper quiet. Someone should sell that to me so I can make a video.

people always bash that poor blower. I think it would be cool to put on my SC because it would either be the most hateful loudest blower ever, or whisper quiet. Someone should sell that to me so I can make a video.

If I remember right, the poor thing won't even turn anymore.

When you do it...I think the furthest you go is 3/4" all the way around the triangle. You MUST ABSOLUTELY keep the lines stright to be paralell with the rotors (or the lines they are on now). There are people on here who will port them for you for about $100.

Chris

This is the early model that came off of my car that I ever ported. Went a little big on the outlet, but the blower improved. It was also the first blower that I ever ported. I've never really researched blower porting so it was just off of the top of my head.

Attachments

• HPIM0265.JPG
    HPIM0265.JPG
    114.9 KB · Views: 160
  • HPIM0266.JPG
    HPIM0266.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 175
Back