Window clips

crich

Anyone know if theres a place online to get the metal clips that hold the door windows in? I have a 88TC that needs em on the drivers side and none of the body shops in town are being helpful. Cant get em from Ford either.....they want to sell me a complete window! :)

I'm assuming that your old window clips are broken and are moving independant of the window.

I would suggest that you carefully use a few gobs of essex windshield urathane to fasten the windshield to whats left of the clips. Might be easier to do it with the window at the bottom of the track, just make sure you know that it the window will seat nicely at the top of the track.

The urathane is quite pricey, but its the best, stickiest, most flexible glue I know of. Be careful not to get it on anything else, and use a good pumice hand cleaner and disposable towels for cleanup. Water makes the stuff cure faster.

Are the plastic clips the same as in the SCs? If so, I bought a set of windows out of a 93 and up bird to get the metal clips. I could not find anywhere to buy them either.:mad:

If I remember right the plastic clips in my TC are the same as the 90 T-Bird LX I had years ago......I found a metal replacement clip kit with set screws in them them and some epoxy at a glass shop when I lived in South Carolina. I have not been able to find them here....

Au-Ve-Co, in northern KY has the clips. Channel set, window sash, they go by many names. The trick is to cross drill holes in them and use 3/M window weld urethane. I have never had a come-back using this method.

Nick

The rubber/felt stuff that rubs my window wore down to just the rubber and I replaced the clips twice, the third time urethane was neccesary, might want to find some new felt/rubber stuff while your at.

Just a thought.

Back