200,000 Miles

Tcian

My 89 SC just turned over 200,000 miles last night on the way home from work. This has been my daily driver since the day it was new. Still has the original exhaust, and the intake, SC, and intercooler has never been broken open. That is about to end, as the snout needs to be rebuilt as it is leaking.
The body and interior are another story however. The car has enough bondo to be able to sneek past a metal detector, three Maaco paint jobs, and the interior qualifies this car for hoopty status. Still origional head gaskets.
I love this car!

My 89 SC just turned over 200,000 miles last night on the way home from work. This has been my daily driver since the day it was new. Still has the original exhaust, and the intake, SC, and intercooler has never been broken open. That is about to end, as the snout needs to be rebuilt as it is leaking.
The body and interior are another story however. The car has enough bondo to be able to sneek past a metal detector, three Maaco paint jobs, and the interior qualifies this car for hoopty status. Still origional head gaskets.
I love this car!

200k miles without ever having the intercooler off? I bet you have 2 quarts of oil sitting in the bottom of it.

Still that's a pretty good run without doing headgaskets.

Wowwwww

Built Ford Tough

200.000K with the history these cars got on head gaskets and a number of other things mine had 147K before we hammerd on it pushing it into the 13's the S-Port blower took care of my head gaskets :eek: nice run on it 3.8V6 strong enough for 200.000K and more

I'm just over 165,000 myself.

At 165K I had just had the AOD rebuilt and the front suspension replaced and also one of the half shafts. Oh yeah, by then, I had two paint jobs. Since then, it was the prior reman job on the abs, the second front suspension replacement and the other half shaft. Things to do now include the snout rebuild, if I can find someone in the Detroit area to do it, replacement of the exhaust, (probably go with the SuperCoupe Performance one), and a rebuild of the rear end, (might just as well go with 373's while I am at it.) The car still pulls 18 vacuum at idle and hits 13lbs on the boost guage, all with the origional vacuum lines. After that, I am going to have to break down and get some new seat covers and have the headliner redone. I have been dragging my feet on some of this because of the cost as well as the expectation that the headgaskets are on borrowed time. At my miliage, there would be no point in replacing headgaskets without rebuilding the entire motor. I am not sure I would bother as the car has been a daily driver in Michigan, and the floorboards are probably going to fall out soon. Although it would be cool to be able to make it to 25 years as a daily driver.

~closing in on 250k, original HGs and shes been (*whispers*) veeeeerrrry reliable the last few years.

Hell, I guess I've replaced all the inferior parts in the almost 16 years of ownership and swapped in better ones?

Knock on wood hard. :eek:

324,000 on the 94 SC, I bought for my teenager. Engine replaced at 200,000. Original trans! (trans fluid changes EVERY 30,000 mi.) Schedualed maintenance, by the book, or better.

WHO said American cars don't last?

I have 243k on mine, it's a michigan car and my daily driver. It will need new rockers welded in and a professional paint job. First priority is new shocks/mounts/springs because its clunking and rides rough. Then the sc is grinding so it will get rebuilt or replaced with a late model blower and plenum. Then a new set of rockers and repaint, new front seats, rear end rebuild, coy miller stage 2 engine, lentech trans....

First things first. I hate road salt. I wish the first owner of my car would have at least washed it in the winter time with the under body wash.

Hey Scott,

My rockers were so bad that last fall I had to remove the side skirts just to make sure I still had them. This spring I got under the car and not only were the outside rockers completely gone, but the inside rockers and support strip were also rotted out. I just formed some alluminum, rivited it on...where there was somewhere to rivit it, and filled the inside on the new rocker with "Great Stuff"...that foam insulation, to give it some support. I also made sure the the drain lines from the sunroof remained clear and could drain. Then I drilled some new holes to use push pins for the bottom of the skirts, and used that very expensive doublesided molding tape that I got from an automotive paint supply house to hold the top of the skirts on. That was back in march, and the skirts are staying on right where I put them even though now that it is cold, I go through the automatic car wash. It was a cheap and easy fix since the proper way to do it would have required quite a lot of cutting out of old metal and welding some new metal in just to have someplace to mount real rocker pannels to.

Back