Boost leak or not..

NightMare3.8

hey guys i just removed my air silencer and sprayed air intake cleaner on my TB and all that and removed my maf screen and cleaned that up and wow...everything is so much more responsive its not even funny haha ok well maybe it is..anyways before i did all that, whenever i would shut the car off and watch the boost gauge go back to zero i could also hear what sounded like the boost leaving the super and this little thingy(sorry dont know what its called..im stupid) on the back of the super would slowly move up until the air was gone. now it doesnt do that when i turn it off but the little flipper thing still moves.:confused: what is wrong here or is it normal...? please let me know..im goin nuts over here cause i dont know!

Last edited:
thats normal when you turn off the car, all of em do it, its letting out the compressed air thats in the motor that it dont need cause the car is off now

If the bypass valve is moving to the closed position when the motor is shut off, then the vacuum is still bleeding off. Your vacuum/boost gauge is probably stuck...they do that sometimes.

If you still think it's holding vacuum with the motor off, simply press the gas pedal. If the gauge still shows vacuum then it's bad.

David

the gauge goes back to zero but the noise of the air leaving the motor when i shut it off is gone the valve moves but the sound of air wissing out of it isnt there if that makes any sense :confused:

Back