stock injectors

ironworker

how much can stock injectors they handle....

just bought

75 mm mas airflow
mpII sc
front mount intercooler
1 inch top raise
10 % pully
mac intake
94 sc longblock
will stock injectors handle all the stuff i bought

help me out guys

You should be running at least 42lbers with those mods. Once you add all your mods and get a tune done, you will find that the stock injectors wont support very many high performance mods and will run lean.

The only real power mods I see are the blower and pulley and intercooler. If your car has 36 lb/hr injectors you should be fine, just make sure its running right before you stomp on it. What kind of exhaust do you have?

I had all those mods minus the intercooler on my 90 with 30#'ers, and it ran fine for 5 months, till I blew my headgaskets that is.

Just my opinion.

I say 42s because starting with the upgrades that you already have: I assume you will steadily add more. Go with the 42s.

ive got half of them installed on my car the only thing that havent put in my 89 sc is the longblock 94 sc motor and mpII and im getting my exhaust this weekend its it- two scp high flow cats (2.5"), two dynomax superturbos (2.5"), and a magnaflow resonator (3"), and two 2.5" scp down tubes

Last edited:
You are also going to need a higher volume fuel pump. Larger injectors won't help without one.

If you are going to be happy with those mods than I would say the 42s are something you should get. If you go crazy like most guys and start adding more and more the 42s wont even be enough. I listened to everyone a couple of years ago and installed 42 lb injectors and they have been good up to now but the need for more and more mods make me wish I had gone with 50 lb injectors as I am sure with a new blower I will max them out. The pump is a good idea as well as the stock pump can be marginal when adding mods

Ken

next month im getting a stage 2 clutch and a 255 fuel pump i allso need to get 50 pd injectors .. after i get this stuff then imgoing to do the motor swap

The only real power mods I see are the blower and pulley and intercooler. If your car has 36 lb/hr injectors you should be fine, just make sure its running right before you stomp on it. What kind of exhaust do you have?

I had all those mods minus the intercooler on my 90 with 30#'ers, and it ran fine for 5 months, till I blew my headgaskets that is.

Just my opinion.

Guys, please tell me you don't actually treat your SC's like this. "It ran fine until it blew" just kills me. Here's a hint. Maybe there is a reason why your headgaskets blew. Now there is an idea!

I've said it before but I'll do it again for those not paying attention.

30lb injectors will support about 250rwhp in a 5spd, 235rwhp in an auto.

36lb injectors will support about 280rwhp in a 5spd, 255rwhp in an auto.

42lb injectors will support about 340rwhp in a 5spd, 310rwhp in an auto.

50lb injectors will support about 410rwhp in a 5spd, 365rwhp in an auto.

60lb injectors will support about 500rwhp in a 5spd, 450rwhp in an auto.

Now these numbers are all relative. Engine efficiency plays a big part in how much power you actually get from a given amount of fuel. If you are running high boost then your motor is LESS efficient than most. Keep that in mind.

Also PLEASE KEEP THIS IN MIND! SC owners are horribly NOTORIOUS for blissfully running injectors at 100% duty cycle and leaning out their motors. DO NOT look at the fastest SC list and say to yourself "Well so and so did it......" Unless you want to replace headgaskets and other parts on the same schedule as so and so did.....

Dave,
Do you have any numbers on parasitic loss from the drivetrain? One of the magazines posted a loss of about 35 hp for a Mustang with an auto and about 27 with a stick a few years back.

Does the SC share similiar losses? With all your numbers being rwhp, it may cause miscalculations.

My motor had other troubles, trust me. We all have plans to "pimp out" our sc's, I just didint whanna see him throw money at it.

Back