Tranny fluid for an AOD

cap320

Along with the previous thread... I am getting ready to change the tranny fluid in my Auto SC... the shop manual mentions a snythetic mercon fluid. Really? What are the auto AOD guys using for tranny fluid? Gotta go out and check what the dipstick says....Thanks John

And...

Be sure to "overfill" the tranny (based on the full marks on the dipstick) or it will slip when cold. There was a technical service bulletin that advises that you fill it to the "Do Not Overfill" level on the stick. Ironic ain't it...

Be sure to "overfill" the tranny (based on the full marks on the dipstick) or it will slip when cold. There was a technical service bulletin that advises that you fill it to the "Do Not Overfill" level on the stick. Ironic ain't it...

Sheesh, this might be my whole problem.....

All Ford autos are very finicky about there level even 1/2 a qt low will cause a problem.

All the folk I consider AOD experts say just plain jane mercon/dextronIII of a decent manufacturer... Like motorcraft or valvoline, etc...

That is definately true.

Back