Fog Lamp Assemblies

txsc

I need a pair of NOS or PERFECT USED fog lamp lens assemblies for my white '89. Mine are very, very good, but next to my NOS headlamps and park lamps, they look a little tired. These are for a car that is used exclusively for show and driven on an extremely limited basis.

Thanks,

JD

I need a pair of NOS or PERFECT USED fog lamp lens assemblies for my white '89. Mine are very, very good, but next to my NOS headlamps and park lamps, they look a little tired. These are for a car that is used exclusively for show and driven on an extremely limited basis.

Thanks,

JD

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone ????

the piolet fog lights at autozone look almost exactly like stock foglights there the same size and color just go buy those there brighter anyway

Jerry,

Do they need to perform like NOS (which is not so great IMO) or just look like it? I'm going to upgrade mine soon as I'd like better lighting. I'll keep you in mind. I think, in any case, they'll require a bit of elbow grease to bring them up to standard.

Rich

Last edited:
the piolet fog lights at autozone look almost exactly like stock foglights there the same size and color just go buy those there brighter anyway

Thanks for the tip, but I'm looking for exact Ford replacements. As a member of VTCI, I plan to help write the points judging standards for the MN12 'Birds. Since mine will be one of the reference cars used, it needs to be as "perfect" as possible. The new lamps need to have the correct markings, even under close (judged) scrutiny.

Thanks,

JD

Jerry,

Do they need to perform like NOS (which is not so great IMO) or just look like it? I'm going to upgrade mine soon as I'd like better lighting. I'll keep you in mind. I think, in any case, they'll require a bit of elbow grease to bring them up to standard.

Rich

Hey Rich,

See my response, above. I don't really care if they work at all! But, they have to appear like they were just installed at Loraine in May of '89.

My originals are the best one's I've seen to date, (and they'll be boxed up and stashed in the mezzanine) but I want perfect ones. When I drive the car anywhere (which is rarely now), I'll place covers over the lamps to prevent any dirt/sand "sparkle". So, they'll only be turned on to show that they work; that's all.

However, I might try shining up the ones on my titanium car to see if I can improve them. It's my daily driver now that I got my wife a Lincoln LS-V8. That's why I took my white car off the road completely. I have hers to drive every day, so I get my "fix"!

Thanks!

JD

check with tony (pock1) or randall burnett

tony just parted a 93 SC should have the lights and randall has a bunch of parts too

between the two of those guys you should get what you need

Nos

I do have a complete set of Fog lights for the SC . Not cheap . Had them for my show car , but sold it , and now have a few NOS parts that I dont think I will use . Still in the box . Ford dealer got me these , dont have the paper work when I bought them , but were unreal in price . Let me know if you may want them . Im in Indiana . Ballman32@aol.com

I do have a complete set of Fog lights for the SC . Not cheap . Had them for my show car , but sold it , and now have a few NOS parts that I dont think I will use . Still in the box . Ford dealer got me these , dont have the paper work when I bought them , but were unreal in price . Let me know if you may want them . Im in Indiana . Ballman32@aol.com

Shoot me a PM with a list of the NOS parts you have, and the prices. Most interested in the fog lamps, but am always looking for any NOS parts.

Thanks!

JD

I'm looking exclusively for NOS parts.

Thanks,

JD

Well, the hangers are pretty much paint and go, but as for the housings, would polishing the lens back to clear really make that much of a difference? I'm asking seriously because I don't know anything about show car judging... at least nothing that serious to require new parts.

Nos

Well Im going to guess that I have the only NOS set of fog lights for the SC , complete set still in the box . Only for a show stopper show car , I had these due to going to a full stock look , but went the other way . Last chance or may go to Evil Bay . Rather them go to a true SC fan , but for now you get the first chance .
DW. ............................. ........................... Ballman32@aol.com

Well, the hangers are pretty much paint and go, but as for the housings, would polishing the lens back to clear really make that much of a difference? I'm asking seriously because I don't know anything about show car judging... at least nothing that serious to require new parts.

Well, to win you need the best parts possible. My originals are excellent, and probably good enough. But I want the "gee whiz - look at that" appearance. These lamps are for an EXTREMELY nice original, unrestored car. To 99.9% of the people, it looks brand new. I'm looking to impress the last 0.1% - show judges. To get that done, the car, and by that I mean every single part, needs to appear as though it just came off the end of the Loraine, OH assembly line on a sunny afternoon in May of '89. When I scrutinize "nice" cars, I look at the individual parts, and pretend that each part is on display as a stand-alone item. When that is done, you often find the warts and blemishes pretty quickly. That's why I'm obsessive about NOS parts.

This probably sounds a little premature to everyone to be this fanatical about a newer, "common" car like this. But, new cars get old, and parts reserves dry up with time. I am DONE driving this car. In ten years, it will look exactly as it does today - hopefully better. In ten years, it'll start getting attention at shows, and values will be going up. As you can tell, this isn't a passing hobby for me. I tend to stay in things for the long term - I'm very patient. I still have the '67 Dodge R/T that I bought in '82 from the original owner (back when it wasn't anything special, either). It's original paint, 40K miles, unrestored, etc - kind of like my '89 SC. I appreciate driven, and modified cars too. But I want to have a new example to show and enjoy in the future when these cars are mostly gone.

So, long story short - I'm just an ultra-picky, anal, fanatic about my cars. Oh, and I'm also "normal", and drive an '89 SC automatic as a daily driver. It's nice too, but I use it, and allow it to get dirty, etc, etc....

JD

how dare you let it get dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ive only had to wash mine about 5-6 times since i bought mine over 2 years ago

how dare you let it get dirty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ive only had to wash mine about 5-6 times since i bought mine over 2 years ago

I let it get dirty, I just don't let it stay dirty. Wow, you must NEVER drive yours if you've only had to wash it 5-6 times in two years!!...

JD

Back