PDA

View Full Version : Update for all BTM balancer group buy participants - updated 12/07/2006

XR7 Dave
11-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Important Update: Balancer group buy has been cancelled. See last post for details.

XR7 Dave
11-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Group buy cancelled.

ss_scuba
11-09-2006, 04:16 AM
1 please - in black. I'll follow this thread, but just in case I forget...please email me when the group buy is over and I will fire a money order off asap.

CarlisleLandOwn
11-09-2006, 04:42 AM
edited....

XR7 Dave
11-09-2006, 09:38 AM
We are approaching the breakpoint for the deepest discount. Folks if you are going to need a balancer soon, don't miss this opportunity to get this one at the lowest price it will ever be offered for.

SC'er
11-09-2006, 04:43 PM
Please include myself for one '94 - '95 style balancer in Black. Also, does the balancer and pulley still need to be zero balanced before installation? And what payment methods are available?

Thanks

Dale Clements

XR7 Dave
11-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Payment will be accepted via Paypal or MO. We haven't asked for money yet, but will be doing so over the weekend or by Monday for sure. Please send me an email so I can put you on my email list for the group buy.

It is recommended either to use an aftermarket pulley or have the stock pulley balanced before installation. This is standard proceedure when replacing any HB that isn't mated to it's original pulley whether the balancer is OE or aftermarket. Aftermarket pulleys do not need any additional balancing.

fturner
11-11-2006, 10:31 PM
Email sent.

XR7 Dave
11-12-2006, 10:41 AM
We are now accepting money as the # necessary for the deepest discounts has been reached. If you have expressed interest in this group buy you should have received a follow-up email from me with instructions. If you have not received this email please contact me at the email address listed above.

The group buy will close on Friday. This is a one time only opportunity, don't miss out.

:)

dpbluestang
11-14-2006, 02:31 AM
I sent an email to you, but in case others had the same questions, I thought I'd post them here.

Do you have any pics of the other colors (interested in blue)?
In the other thread, there was mention of a mustang version, will it work with the '01 4.2L neutral balanced motor for my mustang?
What is the current availability of these?

If these questions were answered in the email you sent, sorry for any repeats.

Thanks

joshbea6
11-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Payment sent via paypal.....

God it feels good to have some money to put towards the SC project again!!!!!!:D

XR7 Dave
11-16-2006, 09:24 AM
Anyone still interested in this group buy, it closes tomorrow. If you want a balancer now is the time to speak up. It doesn't get better than this. :D

David

drummerzrok24
11-16-2006, 05:13 PM
When would the payment have to be made by?

charged92
11-16-2006, 09:08 PM
$300 and free shipping!! I want one in red please!

Jason Wild
11-16-2006, 09:58 PM
I'm on the fence right now. whats the weight of the new one to the old BHJ?

seawalkersee
11-17-2006, 12:44 AM
I sent money a few days ago...are you going to post a list or send a reply? Or just let me know??? please...

Chris

dpbluestang
11-17-2006, 04:26 AM
Same here. I sent payment via paypal a couple days ago. Can't wait to get the balancer on my new motor!

XR7 Dave
11-17-2006, 10:28 AM
When would the payment have to be made by?Please email me at the link in my sig for details.

XR7 Dave
11-17-2006, 10:29 AM
$300 and free shipping!! I want one in red please!

Shipping to Canada is $10 additional.

XR7 Dave
11-17-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm on the fence right now. whats the weight of the new one to the old BHJ?

weight comes in right around the same as the regular BHJ which puts it 1lb lighter than the SFI approved BHJ.

Informational Link. (http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83116)

I wouldn't consider this balancer on the merits of weight. To me this balancer has many other benefits that BHJ can't offer.

1) Annodized and nitrided to resist corrosion

2) Colors are cool

3) Proper markings for timing and cam sensor alignment

4) SFI certification

5) rebuildable

6) better warranty

And finally, I won't put a number on this because it's strictly my opinion, but based on research that I've done, a friction style balancer can increase HP due to it's ability to change dampning effect based on rpm. The BHJ (which is really an OEM style) balancer has a definite rpm range in which it is most effective. This is why the SFI BHJ unit is so much heavier than the normal one. The SFI unit functions at a higher rpm than the normal one. It is my opinion that this balancer should be equally as effective at low rpm as it is at high rpm.

In most cases I don't believe I'd ditch a BHJ already on the car for this one but if you choose to do so I don't think you'll lose much if anything in the transaction. Personally I'll be putting the BTM balancers on my cars (keep in mind that I have yet to install a BHJ on any of my cars).

XR7 Dave
11-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Anyone who is interested in getting in on this balancer deal MUST email me. The link is in my sig and is also listed on the BTM information web page linked in the first post above.

joshbea6
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Dave,

Any idea on when the balancers might be ready to ship?

-Josh

dpbluestang
11-27-2006, 05:51 PM
Any updates on the balancers?

XR7 Dave
11-27-2006, 10:39 PM
Balancers are in production. I should have an update as to delivery times sometime this week.

David

tony42
11-28-2006, 10:01 PM
dave count me in for the balancer purchase if its not to late this is for 89 ,also provide info on how to make payment thanx

XR7 Dave
11-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the interest but this group buy is now closed. The units are now in production and will be available again for purchase once they are actually on the shelves.

dpbluestang
12-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Any word on those delivery dates? Sorry, I'm getting anxious. :D

XR7 Dave
12-07-2006, 03:40 PM
It is with great regret that I must inform all of you that due to circumstances beyond mine or BTM's control, this balancer group buy must be cancelled.

As far as I know there is no expected date when the product may be re-released so for now I will be refunding everyone their money. If you paid via paypal, I will be sending out E-check refunds to all accounts from which the payments originated. If you paid via check or MO it will be returned to you at the address you gave via a company check from SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.

I am very sorry this happened this way. We were holding out hope till the last minute that things would take a turn that would allow production to move forward but it did not happen.

Again, I am very sorry and you should be receiving your refund soon.

David

joshbea6
12-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Dave,

That's ok. this just means that I'm the price closer to having you ship me my piston/ rod combo.

Please keep me informed if this is ever to happen again.

-Josh

fturner
12-08-2006, 06:43 PM
It is with great regret that I must inform all of you that due to circumstances beyond mine or BTM's control, this balancer group buy must be cancelled.

As far as I know there is no expected date when the product may be re-released so for now I will be refunding everyone their money. If you paid via paypal, I will be sending out E-check refunds to all accounts from which the payments originated. If you paid via check or MO it will be returned to you at the address you gave via a company check from SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.

I am very sorry this happened this way. We were holding out hope till the last minute that things would take a turn that would allow production to move forward but it did not happen.

Again, I am very sorry and you should be receiving your refund soon.

David

What happened if you don't mind me asking? Just curious.

Mike8675309
12-09-2006, 09:44 PM
This is too bad.

seawalkersee
12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Well....I KNEW I had bad luck...I was not expecting this at all. I have been so depressed about this that I have not even visited this site for about three or four days. Not to mention, I have not even touched my car:( :( :( I too would like to know why I am not the happy owner of a new balancer.

Chris

charged92
12-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Considering how long it took to find a new BHJ at what I felt was a decent price,( which I sold at a decent price) and this falling through, I am considering a V8!

XR7 Dave
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
The problem was not related to the balancer itself or it's design. The cancellation is due to extenuating and unforseen complications/circumstances with the manufacturer that simply prevented this from coming to market at this time. It is my hope that the issues can be resolved and once again this balancer may become an option for people.

In the mean time I suggest that no one panic. BHJ's are still available (although overpriced IMO) and there is still hope that another lower cost aftermarket alternative (although not SFI certified) will become available at some point as well.

I am another one of those who sold their BHJ in anticipation of this deal working out. I definitely lost money on the deal but I'm not going to worry about that. There are other things far more exciting to focus on than to worry about things we can't change. :)

joshbea6
12-11-2006, 09:00 PM
Dave,

Any word on when we will see the refund of the purchase price?

-Josh

dpbluestang
12-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Who actually designed the balancer? Would it be possible to find another manufacturer and get this going? I really don't want to spend $400+ on the old BHJ, but I could really use a balancer asap.

Mike8675309
12-12-2006, 08:46 PM
Current BHJ balancer is under $400.

dpbluestang
12-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Who sells them for less than $400? I'm not sure which one I need exactly, as it will be going on my mustang (2001). I know some guys use one of the SC BHJ's and modify the crank pulley to bolt on. What is the difference in the BHJ models?

XR7 Dave
12-13-2006, 12:26 AM
Everyone who paid via Paypal should have received or be receiving their refund this evening. I have processed all the refunds so please let me know if you have any issues.

Those who paid via cash, check, or MO should have your refund in hand by the end of the week.

My sincerest appologies to all who were inconvenienced by this cancelled group buy. This has been a great loss for the SC community.

David

fturner
12-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks Dave, got the refund......

Hopefully you can find something soon as an alternative, cause it looks like I'm going to pay over $500 CDN for a BHJ :( (you yanks got it easy down there)

The ole girl is going great, but I know I'm on the edge with it.

BTW I know your not the one at fault, so take it easy on yourself ;).

joshbea6
12-13-2006, 07:03 PM
Thanks Dave. Got mine too.

I hope that the next group buy goes much smoother.....

charged92
12-13-2006, 07:06 PM
it looks like I'm going to pay over $500 CDN for a BHJ.

Well over. I bought a brand new BHJ off an SCCoA member for $300 US. With exchange, shipping, and of course the mailman wouldn't leave it until he collected another $30, it ended up over $400! To buy a BHJ from a company it is much more than $300 US!!:eek:

seawalkersee
12-13-2006, 11:56 PM
Your mail man is a crook.

Chris

charged92
12-14-2006, 12:06 AM
Your mail man is a crook.

Chris

Actually it's my government he's collecting for. It's a little tax we like to call GST.

Grims95SC
12-14-2006, 05:49 PM
Bugger. Mine's shot and I was hoping to use this instead of the BJH ballancer...:( Ah well, that's just how it is.

charged92
12-22-2006, 05:44 PM
Those who paid via cash, check, or MO should have your refund in hand by the end of the week.

Still haven't got mine yet. Stupid Christmas!

pablon2
12-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Actually it's my government he's collecting for. It's a little tax we like to call GST.

So much for NAFTA. :cool:

charged92
12-31-2006, 12:05 PM
Still haven't got mine yet. Stupid Christmas!

Got mine Dave, thanks. Keep us in the loop on any other balancer projects in the future.