Tranny shifting kinda crazy!

xmtrxmt

I just got this car a couple weeks ago, its a 95 SC. Ive been working on it, thought I had all the bugs worked out, drove it on two 2 hour trips with no issues. I drove it on a 4 hour trip with no issues but here in the last 2 days Ive been driving it here on this post were the speed limit is only 25 and it is acting silly, like it doesnt know what gear to be in. I cut the OD off and it will still do it on occation. Is this a damn sensor or something?? Ohh, and on the way down here the tension pully for the blower belt flew off or something becouse its not there anymore:lol: But anyway, the blower isnt running until I can get back home this weekend and grab another one, this wouldnt efect its ~~~~ing points would it?? I was thinking that an AOD E shifts on RPM and speed. Thanks

This sounds like the MLPS (manual lever position sensor) is bad. The original stock units weren't sealed all that good and moisture would get in causing them to fail. It's not a difficult repair. The MLPS is on the outside of the tranny so you can basically unhook the old one and pop in a replacement.

BTW, technically, its a 4R70W transmission... (similar but not the same as the AODE)

Also, I guess the blower not running could cause some problems for the tranny. The ECU signals the shift solenoids based on input from the engine sensors. I've heard of bad throttle position sensors causing tranny issues, so the blower not running could possibly affect some of the sensor outputs resulting in strange shifting... just a theory, I can't say for sure (I'm not a tranny expert, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn one time).

Thanks, Ill get the blower fixed this weekend and see if it makes a diff, If not Ill give that sensor a try. thanks. Anyone else have any input?

Back