cold air intake ducting

nickleman60

has anyone fabbed up a ducting system to bring cold air to the filter instead of relying on the filter to suck in cold air?instead of just having a cold air divider i'm going to make a small air scoop and mount it to the opening underneath the bumper and route a section of 4" dryer hose from the scoop to the opening in the fenderwell below the filter.picked up the hose and 4" couplers at lowes for $10 and i figured it would kinda be like a ram-air setup,i post some pics when i'm done.

I would think that RAM AIR would throw off the MAF in a forced induction car??/
Really, you could notRAM as fast as The BLOWer could SUCK :D

it just a way of getting a more direct flow of outside air to the filter area not that the engine is going to suck in more air just colder air.

All I can say is watch out for puddles when under boost could be a Catastrophic occurance A better way would be to duct in air from the hood gap or headlight somehow.

I used the dryer vent scoop for a while. Then I decided to drop my cone filter and MAF into the fenderwell. I got real nervous a couple times driving on flooded streets. I stayed out of the throttle as much as possible and didn't have problems even though I know that filter had to be in water. That's the best you can do for cold air. Cold air dividers IMO just take up space and don't make much of a difference.

i have a scp 3.5" intake tube and a 9" k&n filter that's gonna stay in the engine bay and i don't even drive it in the rain or bad weather so no worries there.

buy the 88-93 mustang march kit. Same filter and airbox bill sells in the scp kit, plus the abs molded scoop, and the ductwork. If I would have known sooner, I'd have done it myself and saved some money.

finished installing the duct, here's a few pics.

Attachments

• cold air intake tube 001.jpg
    cold air intake tube 001.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 123
  • cold air intake tube 002.jpg
    cold air intake tube 002.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 114
  • cold air intake tube 004.jpg
    cold air intake tube 004.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 135
  • cold air intake tube 005.jpg
    cold air intake tube 005.jpg