more then 10% good on stock

blownbird2

:confused: hey guys iv got an 89 sc with 60K on the top of the motor and about 5k on the bottom. iv got bigger tb ,maf and a full exhaust. i have a stock ic and stock top on stock blower . im already running a 10% if i changed the top and maybe a double ic. would i see a power gain if i underdrive the stock blower more or would it just be worth saving for a an mpll lol

thanks guys;)

:confused: hey guys iv got an 89 sc with 60K on the top of the motor and about 5k on the bottom. iv got bigger tb ,maf and a full exhaust. i have a stock ic and stock top on stock blower . im already running a 10% if i changed the top and maybe a double ic. would i see a power gain if i underdrive the stock blower more or would it just be worth saving for a an mpll lol

thanks guys;)

no you will see less power........... unless you switch things around and start overdriving the blower ;)

Its questionable if you'll get anymore power, and actually may hurt performance if you run at 10% overdrive, unless you start doing some head work and a cam, but of course then you will need bigger injectors and tune. The double IC will help a bit by keeping the ACT's a bit lower. A larger top has been a debate from the early days, but the only thing I see it do for us is a slight drop in back pressure which doesn't hurt anything.

I wouldn't try pumping more air into that motor until you bring up your fuel side of things to keep up, like fuel pump and injectors. Upgrade that stuff first before you want to get an MPII....

If your looking for something cheap you can port your m90 and throw in a set of GTP rotors from Ed.

Back