Tune

New engine from ford it just runs like crap. Cuts out when i smash to wot idles rough sometimes i just dont know whatelse to do its never been tuned.

No check engine lights or anything like that going on? Did it have the same problem before the engine replacement? Any accidents? Kinda sounds like the MAF may have gone south.

Engine ran fine before new engine. It had an eec tuner in it i pulled it out before new engine and havent put it back in so i dont know what the previous owner had done to it using the tuner.

No dont like the eec tuner and from what ive read they are not very dependable. But it looks like the previous owner modified the MAF housing.
Need someone to look at and tune it properly that knows SC's.

Try disconnecting the MAF sensor and then driving it. It may run like crap to start with and you may have to power brake it to keep it running at first, but otherwise it should run really well.

That the MAF is bad. Most times a MAF sensor will not set a check engine light, and sometimes can be difficult to diag.

Whaddaya wanna bet they didn't use any sealant on the intercooler piping? Techs aren't going to read anything if they can help it, and the connections don't look like they're the type that would take sealant, so I doubt they'd know to use any.

Unplug the the MAF idled alot better but got check engine light should i leave it unplug untill i replace it or plug it back in. If i do leave it unplug will the engine run lean or rich or hurt the engine in anyway?

Did you drive it any? Yes the check engine light will come on. Your fuel mileage will suffer, but If it runs better when driven also I would replace it ASAP.

Yes i did drive it but wants to stumble when first stepping on the gas. I believe it will still need to be tuned though. Thanks for the help i guess i will look for a MAFS now.

Back