Spal Fan Amps

Dahoopd

Is there a range the amps need to be in to run an aftermarket fan. I will eventually need to get a fan and the various 16 inch Spal fans pull at differant amps. Any ideas what I should be looking for. Thanks.

Power Steering Fitting

hOW DO YOU TAKE THE POWER STEERING FITTING OFF? I HAVE A NEW PUMP AND NEED TO PUT THE FITTING IN. IT HAS TO COME OFF TO PUT IT ON RIGHT? I TRIED WITH 2 WRENCHES TO TAKE IT OFF AND IT WONT COME OFF I ALSO STRIPPED THE NUT TRYING TO TAKE IT OFF. FEELS LIKE ITS WELDED ON, IT WONT TURN. ANY HELP HERE?

Is there a range the amps need to be in to run an aftermarket fan. I will eventually need to get a fan and the various 16 inch Spal fans pull at differant amps. Any ideas what I should be looking for. Thanks.

the fan will pull as many amps as it needs. Just run the fan that has the amperage that you feel most comfortable with. If you can put it on it's own fuse then you can run whatever you want (provided your alt can provide). If you're going to leave it on the stock fuse/circuit then you should keep it around the factory fan current.

the fan will pull as many amps as it needs. Just run the fan that has the amperage that you feel most comfortable with. If you can put it on it's own fuse then you can run whatever you want (provided your alt can provide). If you're going to leave it on the stock fuse/circuit then you should keep it around the factory fan current.

Any idea what the factory draw is. I plan on hooking it up to the stock wiring. Thanks for the feedback.

i don't know what the factory draw is, but checking it with a meter would be easy enough, just set the meter ro amps and hook it up in series.

Anyone else? I cant find the amp rating here or in the manual. Will a Spal fan that pulls 22.5 amps be too much? Thanks

Damien..

I;m unsure but I think the factory fan probably draws more amps then the one you have..I have one in my stang and it (SC FAN) drawssssssssssss...My black magic never gave me relay issues as the SC fan does

Damon,

Thanks for the help man. Sometimes its the little things everyone overlooks when it only takes a second to help a Brotha Out! even if his questions might be a pain in the arse.

From what I've read on this, the stock fan pulls 15amps ish and can peak at 30amps on low speed, and 25amps ish with a 75amp peak. I've put one in my base T-Bird and had to use 2 40 amp relays in parallel to run it (high speed on a switch, low speed on a controller).

The stock setup uses the IRCM and EEC to turn the fan off and on. The IRCM is essentially 3 relays (low speed, high speed and a power relay that supplys +12v to the coils on the other 2). The 2 relays that actually power the fans use a 16 ga fusible link.

You would probabaly want to hook both of the stock hot wires to the hot side of the aftermarket fan. Using just the low speed would work most of the time, but if it were to get a little hot the EEC will shut off the low speed and turn on the high speed. Using the high speed alone would make it turn on a little late for my tastes. I have the wiring diagram for the stock setup if you need it.

Back